The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Forgot to mention, we used our (ex Hibbee) reserve keeper like we always do in the cups............. ^_^

@MarkF

Oh - do stop going on! :laugh:

Notice the anti-Chelsea media are not reporting the CFC donation to the Bradford Burns Unit that we made yesterday!

Focusing instead on an apparent snubbed handshake. Despite Bradford praising JM for his actions in the Bradford dressing room post match.

Watching the footy on the box at the mo' with Saint Linekar & Co:

Chelsea drubbing shown plus punditry mauling.

City hiding shown and no punditry mauling, in fact no punditry whatsoever.

Spuds beating rated no mention at all (nor did Southampton to be fair)

MarkF

Guru
@MarkF

Oh - do stop going on! :laugh:

You started it, what, with your £12.5m "youngsters"! ^_^ Chelsea were outplayed by a L1 team who set about them and never once went, voluntarily, backwards.

Notice the anti-Chelsea media are not reporting the CFC donation to the Bradford Burns Unit that we made yesterday!

What donation from Chelsea? The £25k was from the Premier League AFAIK. Anyway a donation from an extremely rich club, 30 years on, long after most smaller clubs have made donations and gestures, though appreciated, is nowt to crow about.

Last edited:

SpokeyDokey

[QUOTE="MarkF, post: 3496912, member: 476"]You started it, what, with your £12.5m "youngsters"! ^_^ Chelsea were outplayed by a L1 team who set about them and never once went, voluntarily, backwards.

What donation from Chelsea? The £25k was from the Premier League AFAIK. Anyway a donation from an extremely rich club, 30 years on, long after most smaller clubs have made donations and gestures, though appreciated, is nowt to crow about.[/QUOTE]

Fair do's! ^_^

Apparently we did the same re the donation. Yup it's not big bucks for a big club but it's a nice touch all the same and they didn't have to.

In no way a toot at you but I just get fed up with all the negative crap the media posts about football - same as most non-football stories. They just focus on tittle-tattle and rarely comment on the good things that clubs (at whatever level) do.

MarkF

Guru
Fair do's! ^_^

Apparently we did the same re the donation. Yup it's not big bucks for a big club but it's a nice touch all the same and they didn't have to.

In no way a toot at you but I just get fed up with all the negative crap the media posts about football - same as most non-football stories. They just focus on tittle-tattle and rarely comment on the good things that clubs (at whatever level) do.

You were to bite, wanted to milk this all week. ^_^

Locally, Chelsea have come out of it smelling like roses, superb organisation inside and outside the ground, very friendly (if mute) fans and nice words from JM.

SpokeyDokey

Locally, Chelsea have come out of it smelling like roses, superb organisation inside and outside the ground, very friendly (if mute) fans and nice words from JM.

@MarkF

We honestly hope you get 'The We've Got History And Sentimentality All Wrapped Up' club in the final and give them a thorough spanking.

5-2 to you please - will make us feel a bit better about yesterday. :laugh:

Soltydog

Legendary Member

It was a rather fantastic day on all counts wasn't it, but not sure of the 'superb organisation outside the ground' with the OTT security checks, frisking everyone going into away end? but it didn't spoil the day ^_^
Where were you sat? I was upper tier row 2 143 which was rather pleasant

Andrew_P

In between here and there
@MarkF

Spuds beating rated no mention at all (nor did Southampton to be fair)

Have to say this has been getting on my mammary glands, I really do not think Palace beating Southampton is a giant killing, although it was sublime goal from Chamakh. https://vine.co/v/OTuEd2izuPE

He has had such a wasted career at Arsenal, he has done everything asked of him by 3 managers at Palace. Hard working and skilful and pretty good at holding up play and connecting the front line.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
West Brom away could be worse
Could be.

I must admit I regard the early cup rounds as a bit of a nuisance, getting in the way of your league programme. But once you get as far as the fifth round it takes on a whole new meaning as you can see a chance of some real glory.

Downside being, of course , that should you go out the disappointment is crushing, whereas in rounds three or four you just shrug your shoulders and go, "Ah well.."

solitaire

Über Member
Could be.

I must admit I regard the early cup rounds as a bit of a nuisance, getting in the way of your league programme. But once you get as far as the fifth round it takes on a whole new meaning as you can see a chance of some real glory.

Downside being, of course , that should you go out the disappointment is crushing, whereas in rounds three or four you just shrug your shoulders and go, "Ah well.."
We got a pretty good record against the baggies and like you say, when you get this far it starts getting a bit twitchy!

Top Bottom