The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cisamcgu

Legendary Member
True but there can't be that many Nissan Skylines around his gaff. My guess is that he'll plead guilty and his lawyer will argue that he needs to use a car for work. And I hope the prosecutor mentions that he can afford to use a cab from now on.

Oh, I imagine that he is likely to be the culprit, but I always get uneasy when I see names of people splashed around when they have only been accused of something and not found guilty. There have been too many examples ....

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Oh, I imagine that he is likely to be the culprit, but I always get uneasy when I see names of people splashed around when they have only been accused of something and not found guilty. There have been too many examples ....
I know. But, while it's a personal judgement and not a court's, garage CCTV passed to police, it appears that he was nicked where he crashed his car and susbsequently failed a blood alcohol test, it really doesn't look good. Let's hope there were witnesses of the cyclist incident.

U

User169

Footballers have a long history of drink driving. You'd think clubs would learn and give them bus passes, or better yet - bicycles. Keep the players fit, promote sustainable travel, bit of a green bonus.

Seem to remember Arjan van Robben turned up early in his Chelsea career to training on a bike.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Is it true that the Champions League isn't on ITV anymore? It must've been on there since the early 1990's. If it's true they can shove it where the sun don't shine. i wont be paying to watch a football match on the telly!:thumbsdown:

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Yes true bt sport only

So these billionaire football clubs are isolating themselves even more from the common football fan! Ah well, at least it might benefit clubs like mine. When Accy play on a wet Tuesday night the gates are a few hundred down if there's a Champions League match live in ITV. with people stating they'd rather watch a free match in front of a warm fire than pay to watch Accy stood on a wet terrace. Now the free football has gone they might choose to watch a proper match instead.:okay:

MarkF

Guru
Seems like a cracker of a game at Upton Park. http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/33944756

On a lesser note, West Ham had their 5th player sent off in 3 games!

I watched this and Bournemouth could have had 5 by half time. 8 in the game would not have flattered them, such a mess were West Ham. It was a funny game rather than a cracker.

MarkF

Guru
So these billionaire football clubs are isolating themselves even more from the common football fan! Ah well, at least it might benefit clubs like mine. When Accy play on a wet Tuesday night the gates are a few hundred down if there's a Champions League match live in ITV. with people stating they'd rather watch a free match in front of a warm fire than pay to watch Accy stood on a wet terrace. Now the free football has gone they might choose to watch a proper match instead.:okay:

I am not sure that is true, they need local bums on seats to sell those TV deals, I paid less than £9 into Valencia v Monaco and saw a cracking 3-1 victory in front of 50k, 200 from Monaco. So less than £9 for CL game in the Mestalla, how much is into an Accy v Morecambe thriller?

Andrew_P

In between here and there
having given it some thought, I think I the Sky deal with the football was such a giant leap when they took it over from ITV that you could justify paying for it. But CL had decent coverage both free and paid for but included with the other paid for Football and now BT have effectively taken that away and are pimping their other services to try and entice people to pay for it. That does cheese me off. I hope it fails I wont be paying for it. The other reason are those bloody gawd awful advert an the pure cost of them.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I am not sure that is true, they need local bums on seats to sell those TV deals, I paid less than £9 into Valencia v Monaco and saw a cracking 3-1 victory in front of 50k, 200 from Monaco. So less than £9 for CL game in the Mestalla, how much is into an Accy v Morecambe thriller?

A bit less than your Bradford(£24 five years ago) v Barnsley thriller and it's also safe for away fans after the match unlike Bradford!:headshake:

MarkF

Guru
A bit less than your Bradford(£24 five years ago) v Barnsley thriller and it's also safe for away fans after the match unlike Bradford!:headshake:

So how much is to attend an Accy v Morecambe game? I'd like to compare it to the rip-off giants of football who charged me less than £9 to watch a CL game at the Mestalla.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
BT deal is very good.

Costs us a fiver a month and for that we can watch any Champions League/Europa League game that we want.

Good to see the Sky virtual Monopoly kicked into touch tbh.

Top Bottom