The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Risex4

Dropped by the autobus
Any fee charged for a service which includes Michael Owen commentary is scandalous.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
If it's only a fiver a month them i must admit that's not bad at all. Maybe a daft question but Is that just for those who have a BT landline?

BT Broadband needed.

Because of where we live we can't get the BT TV package until we get upgraded to Infinity but it is included as part of the TV package so that's a good deal.

We like the choice as it saves us having to find a stream as we can watch our team when it would not have been 'our turn' pre-BT.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Eh? Would a Valencian wishing to attend an Accy game be teleported there FOC? :rolleyes: FYI I was already in the area on holiday, I stumbled across the fixture in Marca and never imagined I'd be able to afford to go to it.

I suppose It'd be a culture shock for you,attending a match without the locals looking to attack the away supporters 1970's style then?:hello:

MarkF

Guru
I suppose It'd be a culture shock for you,attending a match without the locals looking to attack the away supporters 1970's style then?:hello:

:huh:

In answer to my own question then..............it cost me and my son (16) £18 to attend a Champions League game in the Mestalla and would cost us £30 to attend an Accy v Morecambe fixture.

Andrew_P

In between here and there
BT Broadband needed.
My point exactly so it is not only £5 per month.

MarkF

Guru
Ok so how much would it cost to attend a Champions League match in England? A bit more than £18 for two of you i reckon.

Who knows? They won't be played in the Mestalla which is where I wanted to watch a football match. My original post was in response to this:-
So these billionaire football clubs are isolating themselves even more from the common football fan!
Valencia is owned by a billionaire, they aim to break into the top tier of clubs and yet my experience showed them to be very accommodating to the "common" fan, tickets were restricted to ST holders then put on general sale, I think the highest prices were about £25. Maybe these TV deals will enable the common fan to actual attend games? Instead of debating that, you've been banging on about Bradford being too scary for you, I don't know why.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
My point exactly so it is not only £5 per month.

We have BT broadband so it wouldn't be
Who knows? They won't be played in the Mestalla which is where I wanted to watch a football match. My original post was in response to this:- Valencia is owned by a billionaire, they aim to break into the top tier of clubs and yet my experience showed them to be very accommodating to the "common" fan, tickets were restricted to ST holders then put on general sale, I think the highest prices were about £25. Maybe these TV deals will enable the common fan to actual attend games? Instead of debating that, you've been banging on about Bradford being too scary for you, I don't know why.

Well my original post was aimed at greedy English clubs,not really foreign clubs, As we know Chelsea,Arsenal,Man City and Man Utd(should they qualify) will be charging far more than those clubs in Spain,Germany etc.

MarkF

Guru
Well my original post was aimed at greedy English clubs,not really foreign clubs, As we know Chelsea,Arsenal,Man City and Man Utd(should they qualify) will be charging far more than those clubs in Spain,Germany etc.

Will they be able to forever? For "smaller" CL group games, which are often charades? Don't Man U force their ST holders to buy tickets for these games that they don't want to attend? These TV deals might just free up seats for such games at realistic prices.

Cracking game now at WBA, Costa looking at the back of Yacob's shirt, as if to see who he was playing against, was very funny.

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
Look folks..

Thierry Henry and Michael Owen(to a lesser extent) have been on my TV screen incessantly over the last few weeks telling ME this (the EPL) is the best league in the world...
surely is it not the MOST EXPENSIVE league in the world..

If it was the best league in the world, how come they aren't winning everything in Europe?

Football is now leeching the punter..

Interesting article on the est. value of each EPL club HERE

Top Bottom