The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Glow worm

Legendary Member
Good to see a ref not being taken in my the usual Man Utd shenanigans today - the blatant diving, surrounding the ref at every oppportunity etc. He was having none of it. Brilliant result- well done the Swans. Cheered me up no end after Norwich's awful performance!

Just seen on BBC website that, possibly, the cheapest tickets for an international match cost £3.00 to see Georgia v Scotland: 3 quid to see Scotland play! Bloody rip-off.

;)

Price is right...

Georgia v Scotland (19:45 BST)

c8a4f872-cfee-448d-b101-861fbc952d7e.jpg

Juliette Ferrington

BBC Sport

Posted at15:12
Cheapest ticket in international football? £3 to watch Georgia v Scotland at the Boris Paichadze Dinamo Arena on Friday...

Summarizing Scotland's performance:

https://vine.co/v/OLtHTjWvUDd

That's even better than Archie Gemmill's best ever goal in the universe. :smile:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1axsnMRbbo

AndyRM

XOXO
Scotland are pish, that's a given.

Better to get the disappointment out the way early, rather than scoosh qualifying and embarrass your way out of the tournament despite being the home of football with the best league in the world...

Reading that back it sounds very bitter, and I suppose it is in a way. But growing up having your league and national side derided by a nation that has done nothing at an international tournament for 50 years will do that.

Anyway, congratulations to Wayne Rooney on his penalty against the might of San Marino to equalise Charlton's scoring record.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Rooney has equalled Charlton's record and will probably beat it, but many of his goals have come against weak opposition and he has only scored once in an international tournament. Lineker has 48 goals from 80 starts against Rooney's 106 and Greaves scored 44 from only 57 matches. Since the break up of the Soviet Union in 1990 a load of weaker nations have appeared on the international scene and given the big nations a higher percentage of easier games.

Top Bottom