The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AndyRM

XOXO
As for Naismisth, I really like him. He is no world beater and sometimes he frustrates when things e tries flop, but even when things aren't going his way he never hides, always gives his all, he has something we need more of as well; i.e. he is a clever nark and winds opponents up, he really got to Ivanovic on Saturday. I am really glad we knocked Norwich's £8M back.

That's an accurate summary of Naisy.

As I said in the random thread about the match, I was gutted when he left us.

One of my fondest memories is the hat-trick he scored against Motherwell a few years ago. Last was a panenka. Glorious.

At least we got some money for him I suppose, I was furious when we let Bryson away for £100k.

Durian

Über Member
To be honest, on the basis of one result I am not going to get carried away. The season has started better than we might have hoped, 2 great performances and generally okay in the other games (although we rode our luck good style away at Barnsley). Last season, with all the slow, laborious overpassing, it was like watching paint dry at times, but hopefully with a few players gaining in confidence and improved form we can crack on and I would love my reservations about Martinez to be proved wrong.

As for Naismisth, I really like him. He is no world beater and sometimes he frustrates when things e tries flop, but even when things aren't going his way he never hides, always gives his all, he has something we need more of as well; i.e. he is a clever nark and winds opponents up, he really got to Ivanovic on Saturday. I am really glad we knocked Norwich's £8M back.

Naismith does give his all and after three goals against the champions I shouldn't really knock him, hopefully he can get a few more goals for us and keep us up the right end of the table.

MarkF

Guru
Very few managers have the conviction to do things differently, change managers and Everton will just be what they have been for decades one of the better also rans. Martinez gives Everton a chance of better things IMO.

Inertia

I feel like I could... TAKE ON THE WORLD!!
No such thing as racism in Russia apparently, he makes a convincing case

"Racism in Russia is like fashion. It comes from abroad, from different countries," he said.

"It was never, ever here before. Ten years ago, some fans may have given a banana to black guys - it was just for fun.

:eek:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34297056

13 rider

Guru
West Ham and the mighty foxes in the champions league next season then . Who would have thought that . I keep waiting for city's bubble to burst but they keep scrambling back unbelievable . Great result for the hammers

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
West Ham and the mighty foxes in the champions league next season then . Who would have thought that . I keep waiting for city's bubble to burst but they keep scrambling back unbelievable . Great result for the hammers
As a long standing West Ham fan I know better than to start talking about Champion's League football. My thoughts are more along the lines of only 28 points from safety...

U

User482

^_^^_^^_^Man City 1 West Ham 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unbelievable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!^_^^_^^_^^_^^_^^_^^_^^_^^_^^_^^_^^_^^_^^_^^_^

I'm so happy I had to borrow some of Keith Oates exclamation marks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!^_^^_^
So that's Arsenal, Liverpool and Man City all beaten away. Not a bad start for Bilic...

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Great result for the Hammers, but have a look at the stats (apart from the 2-1 goals scored :smile: - which is the most important, I suppose).

Scroll down to the stats:

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/34191909
That appears to be the most effective way to play at the moment. Let the opposition have the ball, keep a tight defence and hit them on the counter, especially when you are against a team with better individual players.

Top Bottom