The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
They're trying to emulate Chelsea.

(Went to watch us play the Bar Codes yesterday and, apart from last 15 minutes or so, we were truly shocking.)
It is actually turning into a fascinating season. I dare say one or two clubs will pull away from the pack after Christmas, but at the moment it is getting impossible to predict a winner and the top four may well contain a few outsiders.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Agreed. SJP seems to do something terrible to Chelsea who should have walked that game given recent Toon performances.

I had a great view of Ramires' goal - that was some strike. Unstoppable.

@AndyRM

We were in LL7K (right at the front of the away section) directly behind the goal and had a great view of the Ramires strike and it was a cracker.

By christ Falcao looks like he needs to shed some lard! He needs to take up cycling!

SpokeyDokey

It is actually turning into a fascinating season. I dare say one or two clubs will pull away from the pack after Christmas, but at the moment it is getting impossible to predict a winner and the top four may well contain a few outsiders.

It is interesting, and Joses current mantra of more even teams seems to be precient.

I think top 4 will still be the usual suspects at seasons end and will be very surprised to see any 'outsiders' in there. A lot of clubs will fall short over Xmas due to lack of strength in depth.

AndyRM

XOXO
@AndyRM

We were in LL7K (right at the front of the away section) directly behind the goal and had a great view of the Ramires strike and it was a cracker.

By christ Falcao looks like he needs to shed some lard! He needs to take up cycling!

I wasn't far below!

Totally agreed about Falcao. Looks like he's been on the pies all summer though still looks a better player than he was at Man U.

Andrew_P

In between here and there
Has to be problems from within at Chelsea, best bet is to do with the Physio. They just look so shoot. Citeh you could blame Kompany missing but still all that dosh spent they should be strolling it.

SpokeyDokey

Has to be problems from within at Chelsea, best bet is to do with the Physio. They just look so shoot. Citeh you could blame Kompany missing but still all that dosh spent they should be strolling it.

Nothing to do with the Physio - that's just media claptrap.

Fact is our defence has been coming up for an overhaul for a while now - Ivanovic & Terry are now back end and losing their legs (not that JT was ever the quickest guy on the block). Personally I'd say that Cechs commanding presence is also part of the jitters in our legendary defence. Tibo doesn't have it (presence) yet and nor does his current stand-in.

With Costa up front we solved our number 9 issue that has been plaguing us for yonks. However, hamstrings and a volatile spirit means we need a quality shoe-in when he is sidelined and that's what we failed to buy during the window. The once mighty Falcao is a joke & Remy is just not up to it at the very top level.

Tactically I'm not sure what is happening. On song we are one of the very best counter attacking teams on the planet, and def' best in the PL, but I'm not seeing too much evidence of that this season. We have enough pace to get forward but our defence (inc' defensive midfield) are way too slow to move the ball up the park. A mystery!

Sorry about any bias but that's football! :smile:

AndyRM

XOXO
Not a great start but crap happens. Where do you think we will finish in all 4 comp's?

PL - Top 4
LC - Quarters
FA Cup - Semi
CL - Semi

A good run for any side but Abramovich won't be happy.

Top Bottom