The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Completely agree . are target was survival any thing else is a bonus, 5 points to safety . But after this start only a top 6 or 7 would be a let down .Can't believe I typed that disappointed with top 7 the world's gone mad

Top 6 would be creditable and my guess is that's where you will end up. Although this is the season to go for it as you have no European pressures to contend with and they are a drain - albeit great fun! I'm going to miss it next season!

I think you are on a great run, the acid test comes when you have injuries and/or a few defeats - the latter can deflate a squad like a popped balloon!

Roadhump

Time you enjoyed wasting was not wasted
Thought Leicester were superb last night. To use that old cliché, (from my slightly drunken perspective in the pub) they "just wanted it so much more than the opposition", they seemed to use the geggenpress tactic that Klopp is supposed to advocate and it worked so well, although when Chelsea scored, the Foxes had been on the back foot for a bit.

I hope they have a rare off day at Goodison on Saturday. Most others will be behind Leicester no doubt - fair enough, we tend to back the the team upsetting the odds in this country. I'm no different; if Everton don't win the league (stop laughing, I know we won't) I would love to see Leicester continue to defy everyone and complete the fairy tale. Apart from a great success story, and the small guy defying the odds, that would make other teams sit up and think "Why not us?" which may further threaten the monopoly of the super-rich clubs. I just hope that on their way they have a bad day on Saturday but pick up again in fine style on Boxing Day at Anfield (go Foxes!!!).

Could be a few goals on Saturday, Everton are good going forward (as are Leicester) but we are poor defensively.

Andrew_P

In between here and there
Much as I would like the context of JM feeling "betrayed" by his players as reported by the news and the daft scouser Jamie Carragher it was clear to me at least JM was struggling to find the right words and it was in context of that he had spent 4 days telling his squad about Vardy drifting in to space between the centre backs and wanted two up on Riyad Mahrez and he was pissed off that the two goals that went in were what they had been training to play against.

My bets on the poison in the squad would be Costa, Fabregas, Hazard or Terry. Latter not so sure of as he will want to be offered a job at Chelsea when he retires.

Durian

Über Member
Thought Leicester were superb last night. To use that old cliché, (from my slightly drunken perspective in the pub) they "just wanted it so much more than the opposition", they seemed to use the geggenpress tactic that Klopp is supposed to advocate and it worked so well, although when Chelsea scored, the Foxes had been on the back foot for a bit.

I hope they have a rare off day at Goodison on Saturday. Most others will be behind Leicester no doubt - fair enough, we tend to back the the team upsetting the odds in this country. I'm no different; if Everton don't win the league (stop laughing, I know we won't) I would love to see Leicester continue to defy everyone and complete the fairy tale. Apart from a great success story, and the small guy defying the odds, that would make other teams sit up and think "Why not us?" which may further threaten the monopoly of the super-rich clubs. I just hope that on their way they have a bad day on Saturday but pick up again in fine style on Boxing Day at Anfield (go Foxes!!!).

Could be a few goals on Saturday, Everton are good going forward (as are Leicester) but we are poor defensively.

I can see another draw coming up for us Toffees. Agree there are likely to be a few goals in this game so get your money on a 2-2 or 3-3!

I don't think we can draw much from their win over Chelsea, next few games will tell but the way things are going this season Leicester could win, why not.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
upload_2015-12-15_11-25-22.png

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Much as I would like the context of JM feeling "betrayed" by his players as reported by the news and the daft scouser Jamie Carragher it was clear to me at least JM was struggling to find the right words and it was in context of that he had spent 4 days telling his squad about Vardy drifting in to space between the centre backs and wanted two up on Riyad Mahrez and he was pissed off that the two goals that went in were what they had been training to play against.

My bets on the poison in the squad would be Costa, Fabregas, Hazard or Terry. Latter not so sure of as he will want to be offered a job at Chelsea when he retires.

Yes, that's how it came across in the interview - he had identified 4 ways that they could/would attack and drummed it into the players who promptly failed to heed the advice.

Using the word betrayed was unfortunate although sort of makes sense in context. Foreign coaches are prone to using words wrongly but as it's JM the press have some headline fodder.

Edit: at least BBC Sport are reporting it as JM's work was betrayed.

Top Bottom