The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Sobering reading. Would point out that this list includes retirements, managerial transfers (as opposed to sackings), and the sad death of Tito Vilanova.

Agreed - but the churn is there. Plus no real difference looking anywhere else across all the major Euro leagues (I'm not up to speed outside Europe).

My point is, and no disrespect to you, we take a lot of stick from the media and other fans at CFC and whilst some is deserved it tends to be served up as something unique to us.

Then, when you dig around, the subject matter is endemic throughout the game.

Look at the Rondon incident today - one of the worst physical assaults I've seen for some time. Barely rated a mention on MOTD and not much on the sports sites. If that had been a CFC player we would've had umpteen replays and Keown waxing lyrical about Chelsea indiscipline and lack of respect. And the papers would've waded in tomorrow with trial by media etc etc etc. Would've gone on for days.

Still, better to be looked over than over looked!

On the upside, we are due a rest from the media circus now - looks like the spotlight will switch to MUFC, at least for a while. :rolleyes:

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Rest from the media circus? Fat chance methinks. If Hiddink's stint goes as badly as the Dutch national job did he won't last long. Apart from all the inevitable speculation about who the next manager will be, the Eva Carneiro court case, however many players they're going to buy in January/the summer.....

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Rest from the media circus? Fat chance methinks. If Hiddink's stint goes as badly as the Dutch national job did he won't last long. Apart from all the inevitable speculation about who the next manager will be, the Eva Carneiro court case, however many players they're going to buy in January/the summer.....

:smile:

Yes, I probably deserve tonight's wishful thinking award!

Roadhump

Time you enjoyed wasting was not wasted
We are top of the league !!!! . I don't get bored of typing that
Go foxes
Only disappointment I bet on a 3 all draw .could see it being a wide open game and it appears I was right .
From bottom to top in 12 months . what a year 2015 been for foxes fans .
As an Everton season ticket holder, may I say well done and offer a sporting cyber hand shake. A couple of people in the pub after the game, bemoaning yet another let down from our team, said Leicester are nothing special, but I think that was just an attempt at emphasising their dissatisfaction with our continued inability to get results you might expect given the quality of players in our team. Leicester may not be a team of high profile super stars but they have good players and incredible work rate, desire and team spirit. If they avoid a major injury crisis, and continue with that focus and game plan they will be there or thereabouts. I certainly hope you have another successful visit to Merseyside on Boxing Day, although ominously that will be the 13th PL away game since you last lost away from home - hope you disprove the superstition.

Everton, on the other hand, continue to frustrate under Martinez, playing some pretty football going forwards, although too reliant on Deulfeu providing good service to Lukaku, and why on earth Kone continues to be selected ahead of Naismith and / or Mirallas is a mystery; but when we are defending we are often calamitous, even with the supposed best young defender in Europe. It really worries me when I recall how Wigan performed under RM and I see how soft centred we are under him now.

Andrew_P

In between here and there
It really is the season that keeps on giving. Can't remember another one like it in recent history. Klopp is awful but why did Liverpool pay 30m plus and just keep him on the bench?!

Watford are kind of sneaking up there as well being done on hard graft and team spirit. Bit like Leicester but they have an advantage with players that are on fire.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
sadklopp.jpg

Top Bottom