The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
It really is the season that keeps on giving. Can't remember another one like it in recent history. Klopp is awful but why did Liverpool pay 30m plus and just keep him on the bench?!

Watford are kind of sneaking up there as well being done on hard graft and team spirit. Bit like Leicester but they have an advantage with players that are on fire.

I agree with that sentiment but it is also indicative of the increased net transfer spending as well. Watford's net spend is around £19m this season which they have never gotten remotely close to before. In fact they more usually run a deficit.

http://www.transferleague.co.uk/watford/english-football-teams/watford-transfers

Similarly The Foxes have upped the anti quite during this and last season (although Vardy was a steal) to around £20m net per season.

http://www.transferleague.co.uk/leicester-city/english-football-teams/leicester-city-transfers

You would expect some return for that to be honest - although perhaps not as much as The Foxes are returning which is amazing.

With even more money already hitting the EPL it is highly likely that this situation will continue in the seasons ahead.

MarkF

Guru
Christ - Real have hit double figures (10-2).

Against Rayo, their perennially skint tiny neighbours, I couldn't bare to watch much of it, it made me sick. It was like Barca v Levante from last season, Messi & co running around after every goal as if they'd just won the WC. Barca, RM (& Bayern) have no humility, I hope Atletico win that league. ^_^

MarkF

Guru
I agree with that sentiment but it is also indicative of the increased net transfer spending as well. Watford's net spend is around £19m this season which they have never gotten remotely close to before. In fact they more usually run a deficit.

http://www.transferleague.co.uk/watford/english-football-teams/watford-transfers

Similarly The Foxes have upped the anti quite during this and last season (although Vardy was a steal) to around £20m net per season.

http://www.transferleague.co.uk/leicester-city/english-football-teams/leicester-city-transfers

You would expect some return for that to be honest - although perhaps not as much as The Foxes are returning which is amazing.

With even more money already hitting the EPL it is highly likely that this situation will continue in the seasons ahead.

The smallest clubs can offer b.i.g wages now, this'll make it ever more difficult for the likes of Liverpool and Spurs to be regular top 4 teams.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Against Rayo, their perennially skint tiny neighbours, I couldn't bare to watch much of it, it made me sick. It was like Barca v Levante from last season, Messi & co running around after every goal as if they'd just won the WC. Barca, RM (& Bayern) have no humility, I hope Atletico win that league. ^_^

A product of less than egalitarian divvying up of monies between the clubs I'm afraid. Can't see it changing any time soon. Polar opposite of the EPL.

MarkF

Guru
Everton, on the other hand, continue to frustrate under Martinez, playing some pretty football going forwards, although too reliant on Deulfeu providing good service to Lukaku, and why on earth Kone continues to be selected ahead of Naismith and / or Mirallas is a mystery; but when we are defending we are often calamitous, even with the supposed best young defender in Europe. It really worries me when I recall how Wigan performed under RM and I see how soft centred we are under him now.

I like to watch Everton, but then I liked to watch Wigan too. ^_^ I saw the game v Palace and some of the play was breathtaking, beautiful, yet Palace nearly stole the 3 points, I can understand that the results must be frustrating

Levo-Lon

Guru
Just watched Liverpool ...........

Hitchington

Lovely stuff
CWsDVkZWIAAiry0.jpg

martint235

Dog on a bike
Just watched Liverpool ...........
I blame Sakho. A liability. He plays football like I used to: no finess, no skill, no ability other than to muscle someone off the ball. The one thing he has that I didn't is a deep belief he's actually good. Hence all the attempted tricks and backheels etc, you're a defender just feckin hoof it!!

Top Bottom