The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gavgav

Guru
Wow I've seen some great games over the years, but I think that from Liverpool and Dortmund is possibly the best ever! Astonishing

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Those Man Utd nobbers will be soooo upset!!:giggle:

this-united-fan-was-too-upset-at-ferguson-stepping-down.jpg

:highfive:

Last edited:

Andrew_P

In between here and there
What should they have done instead? We all surely agree that the sums regarding the stadium are absurd, but that ship sailed some time ago when you consider what was already spent on building the thing.
Well that is a completely different conversation, The Etihad deal was done before it was built. So really the conversation is around the Government planning rather than being left with a stadium. What I don't really expect is for the deal to have gone through the FA or Premier league should have stepped in. It is a massive advantage and like lifetime state sponsorship.

I am not in anyway an expert but everyone can see the deal is barmy and the Gold's and Brady triumphant must have walked away laughing, after all they are potentially in the best position to make a killing out of this.

If WHU mange to fill it at reasonable ticket prices for two big games that's the rent covered for the season.

Not clear if WHU get the revenues from food and drink, would be amazed if they do. But it looks like every single running cost of a stadium is built in, including match day policing.

Fair play to the person who put the deal together, wonder how poor THFC offer was to get rejected..

U

User482

Well that is a completely different conversation, The Etihad deal was done before it was built. So really the conversation is around the Government planning rather than being left with a stadium. What I don't really expect is for the deal to have gone through the FA or Premier league should have stepped in. It is a massive advantage and like lifetime state sponsorship.

I am not in anyway an expert but everyone can see the deal is barmy and the Gold's and Brady triumphant must have walked away laughing, after all they are potentially in the best position to make a killing out of this.

If WHU mange to fill it at reasonable ticket prices for two big games that's the rent covered for the season.

Not clear if WHU get the revenues from food and drink, would be amazed if they do. But it looks like every single running cost of a stadium is built in, including match day policing.

Fair play to the person who put the deal together, wonder how poor THFC offer was to get rejected..

The design of the Commonwealth Games stadium allowed for easier conversion, including the use of temporary stands. So it cost the council a tiny fraction of the Olympic stadium conversion costs. The deal with Manchester City was agreed in advance.

In contrast, LLDC's decision to convert for football and seek an anchor tenant, after the Olympics, left them in an extremely weak negotiating position.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Amazing match last night. Highlights well worth checking out. People rightly get cynical about football…that, however, was players, staff & fans showing immense passion & mutual respect all night. Perfectly observed silence for the 96, 40,000 mass singalong of YNWA, and then seven goals. Phew!

Andrew_P

Amazing match last night. Highlights well worth checking out. People rightly get cynical about football…that, however, was players, staff & fans showing immense passion & mutual respect all night. Perfectly observed silence for the 96, 40,000 mass singalong of YNWA, and then seven goals. Phew!
Just a pity it wasn't on a free to view channel.

Andrew_P

Last year a BBC documentary revealed the club would not have to pay directly for a range of things including stewarding, goalposts, corner flags, cleaners and turnstile operators.

Other items covered off include:

• Undersoil heating and floodlighting
  • Dugouts for managers, substitutes and the fourth official
  • Changing rooms and toilets
  • Security
  • Cleaning and pest control
Experts told the BBC that the value of those services would amount to between £1.4m and £2.5m a year depending on the size of the stadium.

:laugh:

Wonder if the Food and Drink revenues are deliberately being omitted, cannot be bothered to sift through the 202 page contract. I don't know why but I thought it was a sealed bid kind of deal, but the BBC suggest the (one way) negotiation went on for a while

Inertia

I feel like I could... TAKE ON THE WORLD!!
Don't know how many have seen it here but type this into your Google or Facebook search bar ....

Liverpool fans wheelchairs

DWP/Social Security might like a 2nd look.
Only video I found wasnt great quality and I couldnt tell if anyone from a wheelchair stood up.

Top Bottom