The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
U

User482

Last ever FA cup match at the Boleyn tonight.

13 rider

Guru
Last ever FA cup match at the Boleyn tonight.
Excuse my ignorance I always known West Hams ground as Upton Park and only heard the Boleyn ground this year ? What do hammers call it and when ?
By the way good luck tonight you can win tonight and lose at the weekend :okay: foxes fan

Stephenite

Membå
Quite an interesting bunch left in the FA cup:

Everton, Watford, Crystal Palace, West Ham and Man Utd

An interesting season some might say. Has anyone said that yet?!

13 rider

Guru
Its just Id never heard it called the Boleyn before this season your last there it always been Upton park .
Can you play like this at the weekend please :okay:

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
I do hope not!
Awful, wasn't it?

I'd given up watching before they picked their game up and nearly nicked a draw.

Andrew_P

In between here and there
2.5 million per year on a 99 year lease, the 'appy 'ammers even get the grass cut and goalposts sorted. Also guess retain all the cash from Upton Park. Forever blowing bubbles indeed. http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36043808

If they do qualify for Europe and re-invest all the Upton Park revenue in to the team, then blimey surely it can't be right. The first nationalised Football team? :laugh:

U

User482

2.5 million per year on a 99 year lease, the 'appy 'ammers even get the grass cut and goalposts sorted. Also guess retain all the cash from Upton Park. Forever blowing bubbles indeed. http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36043808

If they do qualify for Europe and re-invest all the Upton Park revenue in to the team, then blimey surely it can't be right. The first nationalised Football team? :laugh:
I don't think West Ham held a gun to anyone's head...

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Indeed.

In fact without a top division football club taking the stadium over it would have been a crumbling white elephant. Manchester City got their stadium for nothing for the same reason, and British Cycling didn't have to break into their petty cash to take over the velodromes in London or Manchester, not the Hog Hill road circuit.

Andrew_P

Indeed.

In fact without a top division football club taking the stadium over it would have been a crumbling white elephant. Manchester City got their stadium for nothing for the same reason, and British Cycling didn't have to break into their petty cash to take over the velodromes in London or Manchester, not the Hog Hill road circuit.
Unless my memory is wrong, the proceeds of Maine Road had to go to the local council. Does anyone believe Upton Park was sold only for book value without any cut on the house sales (assuming planning does go through)

Andrew_P

Who in their right mind pays 250million plus to convert a stadium, then lease it back at 2.5million per year and leaves the ingoing tenant a great big asset to sell. Just a bit of whiff about it all,

U

User482

Who in their right mind pays 250million plus to convert a stadium, then lease it back at 2.5million per year and leaves the ingoing tenant a great big asset to sell. Just a bit of whiff about it all,
What should they have done instead? We all surely agree that the sums regarding the stadium are absurd, but that ship sailed some time ago when you consider what was already spent on building the thing.

Top Bottom