The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Fantastic rendition of Sunshine on Leith by Hibs fans at the end. Well done, shame about the pitch invasion, the irony of Rangers complaining about it is delicious

I was very surprised when i read on the telly printer that i was Hibs first Scottish cup win since 1904. I thought they'd made a mistake and it should've read 2004. How can a major club like Hibs go 112 years without winning the cup?!

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
They were building up to a great win today. Great things come to those who wait...

The oldest Hibs supporter at the game today was 106. Even he hadnae seen them win the Cup!

This fellow!:cheers:

JS90570403.jpg

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/hibs-fan-aged-106-heads-8015592#6hiWTgmf0XtiKPdu.97

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Right, all the minor things have been settled. Onto the big game today - COYB!

There's been that many "big games" lately i've lost track! Who are we on about?:scratch:

mark st1

Plastic Manc
If, as it seems, JM is appointed I will *iss myself laughing.

I remember reading on eg RedCafe page after page of anti-JM bile accusing him of negative tactics, playing anti-football and grinding out 'boring' 1-nil wins.

The media were in on the sentiment too so it will be interesting to see how they and MUFC fans react to his style of play.

Tbh I think it's an odd appointment for the club as the MUFC style of play is very much that of free flowing attack. Hardly a hallmark of JM's containment and counter attack philosophy.

I think JM is a great coach and he did us proud first time around and second time was great too until the absolutely shambolic debacle earlier this season - he's blotted his career as far as I'm concerned.

Imo he left us thoroughly screwed this season and this will ripple on into next season as we have for the first time in a long while no CL footy.

There were some other factors at play (poor transfer activity being one) but to my mind he lost the plot and embarrassed himself - MUFC are very welcome to him although I daresay he will be a difficult opponent to play against, at least until his next crisis!

I've never been sold on having "the special one" had they got him before he came back and had that awful 2nd spell at Chelsea then yes it would have been a gamble worth taking.

AndyRM

XOXO
May your Bovril burn your mouth and your pie be staun cauld @swl :okay:

Huge day for both clubs. Falkirk with a slight advantage, but I can see us getting a couple, and probably conceding late on to go to extra time.

Top Bottom