The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

J1888

Über Member
shame about the muppets

They put on as good a performance as they could, the goals from Ronaldo - sorry, Andy Halliday, and Miller were good - don't be too hard on them.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
May your Bovril burn your mouth and your pie be staun cauld @swl :okay:

Huge day for both clubs. Falkirk with a slight advantage, but I can see us getting a couple, and probably conceding late on to go to extra time.

This is actually a very important point - you don't do Killie pies any more do you?

AndyRM

XOXO
This is actually a very important point - you don't do Killie pies any more do you?

I'm not actually sure. Last time I was at Ruggers was before MJ started his latest dick move about the use of the word Killie.

I believe that Brownings are still the caterers, but this will change next season. They sell them as Kilmarnock Pies now, I think. Pretty ludicrous really.

Ajay

Veteran
Being a typical Manc fan you don't live around here.:okay: I've only got used to listening to Van Gaal's wafflings on the local tv news. Now i'll have to start listening to the "special one" every night!:ninja:
It won't be for long, it'll soon go tits up. In London he was the big fish in a small pond, here he's up against the Kloppmeister and Saint Pep. I'll give him til Christmas ^_^

ShipHill

Premier League Season 2016/17 predictions.

Title - West Ham
Remaining top 4 places - Arsenal, Leicester and Liverpool
Relegation - Burnley, Sunderland and Watford

My team West Brom will finish 12th

Predict away folks!:becool:

postman

Legendary Member
The Scottish Cup Final was a cracking match.

I might be a bit biased, of course :smile:
A superb game,did you notice a very big difference.The ball was played forward more,non of this LVG's sideways crap.It was one of the best Finals i have seen in a very long time,i loved it.Glad the Hibs won it,another fairytale ending.

potsy

Rambler
Premier League Season 2016/17 predictions.

Title - West Ham
Remaining top 4 places - Arsenal, Leicester and Liverpool
Relegation - Burnley, Sunderland and Watford

My team West Brom will finish 12th

Predict away folks!:becool:
Champions - Man U
Runners up - Arsenal
3rd place - Liverpool
4th place - Man City

Relegation

Burnley
Bournemouth
Play off winners.

mark st1

Plastic Manc
It won't be for long, it'll soon go tits up. In London he was the big fish in a small pond, here he's up against the Kloppmeister and Saint Pep. I'll give him til Christmas ^_^

The Kloppmeister hahahahahaha 2 finals 2 defeats 8th in the league. Yes I bet any future United manager is shitting there pants over them stats. Our worst season in decades and we still won more than the shower of shoot bin dippers :laugh:

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
EPL, lol!
Sure he was, he only had La Wenger as a rival down there, didn't he?

Plus Potch' over at Spurs of course - he's easily as good as Klopp imo.

We'll have to see how Pep' performs in a more evenly balanced league than he's been used to. I don't expect him to do badly but it will certainly be different to the lop-sided situations he's been used to.

Same with Conte too I guess.

Ajay

Veteran
Plus Potch' over at Spurs of course - he's easily as good as Klopp imo.

We'll have to see how Pep' performs in a more evenly balanced league than he's been used to. I don't expect him to do badly but it will certainly be different to the lop-sided situations he's been used to.

Same with Conte too I guess.
Yeh, I like Potch, but he didn't really have the time to go head to head with Jose. My point was really in reply to Accy's post about us having to listen to Mourinho on the north west news. He not going to have it all his own way up here, the media already love Klopp and they've got sticky panties over Pep's arrival - I don't think anyone's going to be too interested listening to Mourinho's negativity, he's old news, the game's moved on.
I'm looking forward to seeing what Conte brings and how the 3-5-2 works out.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Yeh, I like Potch, but he didn't really have the time to go head to head with Jose. My point was really in reply to Accy's post about us having to listen to Mourinho on the north west news. He not going to have it all his own way up here, the media already love Klopp and they've got sticky panties over Pep's arrival - I don't think anyone's going to be too interested listening to Mourinho's negativity, he's old news, the game's moved on.
I'm looking forward to seeing what Conte brings and how the 3-5-2 works out.

Hmmm... 3-5-2.

I'd like to see us play this under Conte but for different reasons than Jose's (limited) use of the formation. Jose used to use this as a match disruptor when we were trailing the opposition. A switch to this formation in typically the second half would throw the opposition into a real tizz when suddenly the midfield became over-crowded and there was the lure of the potentially diminished defence, but at the same time 2 wing backs had 'appeared' along with two strikers (although it was usually 3-5-1-1 rather than 3-5-2). Can leave the opposition looking like rabbits in headlights as they try and adjust and figure out what to do next which sets things up nicely for a rapid counter which, prior to this season, was a modern Chelsea trademark..

Can be a devastatingly effective formation as you no doubt know but it requires 100% the right players to fulfil the roles (inc' the ability to rapidly switch to 5-3-2 when required during the game) and a really supportive team ethic as it puts a significant load on certain positions that needs supporting esp' as the game wears on. Needs this seasons Spurs fitness levels imo. Potch' had that nailed and every credit to him for it.

Will take a bit of a revamp of the squad tbh but then again we are probably a season or two off of being at the very top table of Europe again - I'm an optimist!

Of broader interest, it remains to be seen what the league makes of the 4-4-2 Claudio revival. Caught the league on the hop imo and maybe it'll be the 'new old' way or maybe it'll lose it's impact as teams will now have a response well mapped out - which was definitely not the case this season.

Interesting times ahead.

Top Bottom