The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats

Roadhump

Time you enjoyed wasting was not wasted
I would've liked to have seen Sheff Wednesday back in the top flight, but i suppose it was fair to see Hull go up as they finished way above the Owls in the league..
Being a bit of a traditionalist, I would have liked to have seen Sheff Wed come up as well, but times change and Hull have been more of a "PL ready" club in recent years. Difficult to judge on one game but Hull had the resilience yesterday and Wednesday, despite some decent play at times, seemed a few steps behind in terms of nous. It will be a struggle for any promoted team initially, but comparing Hull and Sheff Wed on league positions and yesterday's game, Wednesday more likely be PL cannon fodder whereas Hull might pull off a Bournemouth / Watford.

Great day - 30 mile bike ride followed by the play off at Wembley and then the Champions League final.

Well done Hull, worthy winners on the day, but how outnumbered were their fans?

Feel sorry for Athletico, thought they were just about the better side. Have to say though, thought Torres was totally anonymous, what a waste of a place in their team.

It doesn't get much press, but a a lot of fans didn't go as a protest to the current chairman. He's done a number of things to piss fans off, including moving fans round the ground. His latest wheeze being to scrap concession tickets, so kids and oap's have to pay full price.

Roadhump

Traditionalist? Wouldn't that put them behind the other founding members of the league in the queue for having a rightful place?

To clarify - I don't think anyone has a rightful place to anything in football, and I get very frustrated with the perception of certain clubs as those "belonging" to the elite, which is perpetuated by media coverage. My reference to tradition is only really that Sheff Wed have traditionally been a bigger, better supported club than Hull and I have more memories of them in the top league than I do of Hull, so sentimentally I would have liked to have seen them in the PL. But as I said, times change and Hull seem better prepared and geared up to the top flight than Wednesday, and were worthy winners yesterday, so fair play to them.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I'm wondering when the Remain In Europe group are going to tell us that if we leave we won't be allowed to compete in the Champions League.:rolleyes:

Roadhump

And, even better, that club where the home support have to drive for miles up the M6 for every game.
You no doubt refer to Manchester United. As a blue, bitter and proud Evertonian though I could have mistakenly thought you referred to our loveable offspring, although most of them seem to come from Norway these days.

A few years ago my cousin married a bloke from darn sarf and during his speech, her dad (a big red) said that when he learned his daughter was seeing someone from Berkshire, he was relieved to learn that he didn't support Manchester United. It took every ounce of my self-restraint not to shout out, "That's a bit rich coming from a Kopite".

spot-the-scouser.jpg

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
It doesn't get much press, but a a lot of fans didn't go as a protest to the current chairman. He's done a number of things to piss fans off, including moving fans round the ground. His latest wheeze being to scrap concession tickets, so kids and oap's have to pay full price.

The list of things the 'current' owner has done to 'fan's grows & grows
After the season pass holders vote on whether we wanted the 'stupid name' (it's nickname) the whole areas I was in & the most vocal & 'resistant' got moved at the end of the season after 10-12 years in our seats since we moved stadia, 2 attempts with fabled 'business' reason for name change, 36% increase in prices over 2 seasons including relegation, falling out with the local council 'Hull City' - ooh & then he wants to change the name of the club from Hull City, when we got promotion last time instead of 'city' wide tour as previous - just at 'his' stadium, poor treatment of fans in general, disabled fans, closing down & 're-using' an adjoined sports arena the home of many local community & disabled groups, dismissing ground & cleaning staff (toilet-gtae stink was almost funny) , getting rid of ticket office* & turnstile staff with a system worthy of windows 95 in a windows 10 world (spectacular failures) , very antagonistic to fan groups or tokenism none-engagment , using 'Hull-Tigers' on all merchandise, media he can -even though the FA has rejected it twice... & yet some believe he's our saviour - 'bought' the club 24 hours before administration & gifted it to the people of the city at 4% interest, - a few hundred grand or more fee's & double the debt (rumour has it he bought it early at cost - with the hope of getting adjoined retail land & the stadium for free & when this did not come off has had a long running spat with Hull City council Vs his 'Hull Tigers' (sic).
New season pass / ticketing system for next season which personally would cost me less - though no concession for children or older adults (he's already scrapped disabled) -the most strange / complex 'zonal' pricing - so if you've had your seat since the stadium has opened the majority of people are being moved to accommodate their 'business genus, no comprehension of the social, communal tribal & friendship football engenders >>>'giving away fans the best view in the stadium or closing a whole area down

The turnout / tickets at Wembley
Reasons many
Fan disenchantment with our 'owner's'
No ticket office to sell tickets - 'out sourced' to Ticketless Master - with a complex system to buy tickets some just couldn't get any, i.e. people who go on a causal basis, (non season ticket holders / ticket buying number) - last tie 2008 we took our full allocation plus more (& so did Brizzle)
Apathy maybe?
My 4th visit since 2008 (we are quite successful for a little club with no history - (the 'Wall' of the north -but less fashionable)
No ticket office to get tickets from
Finances - city still in depression
Children / over 65's concessions / disabled concessions removed having to pay full price next season -'new season ticket-less' system -zonal gerrymandering

I'm sure there's more & still happy we went up - & no I'm not joining the 'new season ticket-less' system on principal - I still love the club, my club ... rant over

After the season pass holders vote on whether we wanted the 'stupid name' (it's nickname) the whole areas I was in & the most vocal & 'resistant' got moved at the end of the season after 10-12 years in our seats since we moved stadia, 2 attempts with fabled 'business' reason for name change, 36% increase in prices over 2 seasons including relegation, falling out with the local council 'Hull City' - ooh & then he wants to change the name of the club from Hull City, when we got promotion last time instead of 'city' wide tour as previous - just at 'his' stadium, poor treatment of fans in general, disabled fans, closing down & 're-using' an adjoined sports arena the home of many local community & disabled groups, dismissing ground & cleaning staff (toilet-gtae stink was almost funny) , getting rid of ticket office* & turnstile staff with a system worthy of windows 95 in a windows 10 world (spectacular failures) , very antagonistic to fan groups or tokenism none-engagment , using 'Hull-Tigers' on all merchandise, media he can -even though the FA has rejected it twice... & yet some believe he's our saviour - 'bought' the club 24 hours before administration & gifted it to the people of the city at 4% interest, - a few hundred grand or more fee's & double the debt (rumour has it he bought it early at cost - with the hope of getting adjoined retail land & the stadium for free & when this did not come off has had a long running spat with Hull City council Vs his 'Hull Tigers' (sic).
New season pass / ticketing system for next season which personally would cost me less - though no concession for children or older adults (he's already scrapped disabled) -the most strange / complex 'zonal' pricing - so if you've had your seat since the stadium has opened the majority of people are being moved to accommodate their 'business genus, no comprehension of the social, communal tribal & friendship football engenders >>>'giving away fans the best view in the stadium or closing a whole area down

Reasons many
No ticket office to sell tickets - 'out sourced' to Ticketless Master - with a complex system to buy tickets some just couldn't get any, i.e. people who go on a causal basis, (non season ticket holders / ticket buying number) - last tie 2008 we took our full allocation plus more (& so did Brizzle)
Apathy maybe?
My 4th visit since 2008 (we are quite successful for a little club with no history - (the 'Wall' of the north -but less fashionable)
Children / over 65's concessions / disabled concessions removed having to pay full price next season -'new season ticket-less' system -zonal gerrymandering

I'm sure there's more & still happy we went up - & no I'm not joining the 'new season ticket-less' system on principal - I still love the club, my club ... rant over

Telling fans they can die when they want was a nice touch too.

AndyRM

XOXO

Reasons many
Apathy maybe?

Quality rant. Killie have a comparable bellend in charge so you have my sympathies!

Top Bottom