The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
That paragon of footballing virtue Joey Barton liked Zlatan

barton.gif

MiK1138

Veteran
99.9% of Hibs fans on the pitch to celebrate.
100% of Rangers fans on the pitch looking for a fight.

Glasgow media blown it all out of proportion.

Sevco statements just completely insane, playing to the hun masses & deflecting from :
1/ The team just getting humped.
2/ Flares
3/ Sectarian singing
4/ Sevco thugs bringing violence to the party

As someone that was there, it was a massive celebration. Just a shame its been tainted by the tiny minority, but overall the violence has been blown completely out of proportion
2 court cases so far not 1 assualt charge and yet EVERY Sevco player was assualted. oh aye and Wheres Warbo?

mark st1

Plastic Manc
He's been in good form for his entire career, played in different countries, adapted to different styles and consistently scored goals.

The guy is pretty much the definition of world class.

He has yes except at Barcelona which he admits himself. He clashed badly with Guardiola and doesn't like him so that an even better reason to come to OT :biggrin:

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
He's been in good form for his entire career, played in different countries, adapted to different styles and consistently scored goals.

Yeah, but is he good enough for the Greatest League In The World. It's all very well doing ok in Johnny Foreigner leagues, but this is England man!

Stephenite

Membå
Zlatan has just given a press conference for Swedish media. He was an hour and a half late and said the press were early. He says it's not difficult, he's made his decision. He's had offers from England, Italy and outside Europe. At the moment he's enjoying what the press are writing, and it's not necessary for anything to happen before the Euros.

No doubt about his skill and finishing ability:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRn1P99S1nk

Powerfully two-footed, strong in the air, sublime dribbling skills and hard to take the ball off. And he's a big man - 6'5".

Also he's done the biz. with the biggest clubs in the top leagues.

Man U and the Premier League will just be another outlet for him to display his talent.

Good luck, Zlatan.

mark st1

Plastic Manc
No doubt about his skill and finishing ability:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRn1P99S1nk

Powerfully two-footed, strong in the air, sublime dribbling skills and hard to take the ball off. And he's a big man - 6'5".

Also he's done the biz. with the biggest clubs in the top leagues.

Man U and the Premier League will just be another outlet for him to display his talent.

Good luck, Zlatan.

Can we stop the love in until he signs I'm getting a bit over excited after watching that. Bet he turns out for some shady Chinese side now for a gazillion £'s a week.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Ibra' is a decent enough player but I've seen him closed out in a number of games.

Needs remembering that for the past 3 or 4 seasons he has scored a lot of goals in a 'walk in the park' league.

In no way am I saying he's a bad player as that would be dumb - but I'll be interested to see how he fares if he comes over here next season.

Personally, I reckon he is in for a couple of 'last big payday' seasons so either here or China!

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Ibra' is a decent enough player but I've seen him closed out in a number of games.

Needs remembering that for the past 3 or 4 seasons he has scored a lot of goals in a 'walk in the park' league.

In no way am I saying he's a bad player as that would be dumb - but I'll be interested to see how he fares if he comes over here next season.

Personally, I reckon he is in for a couple of 'last big payday' seasons so either here or China!
We might joke about the "Wet Tuesday night at Stoke" cliché, but it is perfectly true. Teams in most countries use the same system of playing and the weaker ones can't compete with the big boys doing that. In England there is a healthy lack of respect towards ones betters and sides are quite prepared to get in your face and muscle you out with no regard to finesse. That's something that comes as a shock to foreign coaches and players when they play cup games against lower league teams.

Crude, but it keeps things honest.

Top Bottom