The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mvteng

What's the take on events at the Scottish Cup Final? Anyone seen the disgraceful statements from Sevco?

99.9% of Hibs fans on the pitch to celebrate.
100% of Rangers fans on the pitch looking for a fight.

Glasgow media blown it all out of proportion.

Sevco statements just completely insane, playing to the hun masses & deflecting from :
1/ The team just getting humped.
2/ Flares
3/ Sectarian singing
4/ Sevco thugs bringing violence to the party

As someone that was there, it was a massive celebration. Just a shame its been tainted by the tiny minority, but overall the violence has been blown completely out of proportion

AndyRM

XOXO
What's the take on events at the Scottish Cup Final? Anyone seen the disgraceful statements from Sevco?

The Rangers statement is laughable. For a club with such a tarnished history to come out with what they have takes some baws.

Mr Celine

Discordian
99.9% of Hibs fans on the pitch to celebrate.
100% of Rangers fans on the pitch looking for a fight.

Glasgow media blown it all out of proportion.

Sevco statements just completely insane, playing to the hun masses & deflecting from :
1/ The team just getting humped.
2/ Flares
3/ Sectarian singing
4/ Sevco thugs bringing violence to the party

As someone that was there, it was a massive celebration. Just a shame its been tainted by the tiny minority, but overall the violence has been blown completely out of proportion

You forgot

5/ Sevco child abductor

AndyRM

XOXO
Rafa confirms he's staying in Toon, which is quite a result I reckon. Binning Charnley and Carr would be a wise move too, Carr in particular; he's kept his job on the back of signing Cabaye and Ben Arfa for far too long IMO.

MarkF

Guru

AndyRM

XOXO
Eleven point three million quid and £220,000 a week for a 34 year old who will be playing a style of football different from anything he has experienced before -

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/may/25/zlatan-ibrahimovic-manchester-united-jose-mourinho

What could possibly go wrong?

Not much I reckon. Yeah, he's getting on a bit and probably only has two seasons left, but his goals to games ratio must be one of the highest going. Would be a great signing IMO. Although it would be an annoying one because I enjoy watching him play which means paying attention to Man Utd...

mark st1

Plastic Manc
Eleven point three million quid and £220,000 a week for a 34 year old who will be playing a style of football different from anything he has experienced before -

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/may/25/zlatan-ibrahimovic-manchester-united-jose-mourinho

What could possibly go wrong?

Doesn't make any difference I know but it's not 11.3 million then 220 000 a week it's 220 000 a week which adds up to the 11.3 ish million (still a shed of cash). I'd have him though with the money floating around in football currently it's peanuts and as mentioned shirt sales alone would be mega. And I doubt he can be any worse a deal than the ghost that was Falcao :eek:

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Man U are not in a position to buy a player for his impact on shirt sales right now, they need to have players who will get them back into the top four as a matter of urgency. Whatever his goals to games ratio has been, coming into the EPL in the autumn of his career is a big ask. It is by no means the best quality league in the world, but it's fast and physical and not everyone can adapt to it even in their prime.

vickster

Legendary Member
No Champions league makes it hard to attract top talent regardless of ridiculous salaries? Not to mention crap weather in Manchester?

mark st1

Plastic Manc
Man U are not in a position to buy a player for his impact on shirt sales right now, they need to have players who will get them back into the top four as a matter of urgency. Whatever his goals to games ratio has been, coming into the EPL in the autumn of his career is a big ask. It is by no means the best quality league in the world, but it's fast and physical and not everyone can adapt to it even in their prime.

Agreed could be valuable knowledge for the likes of Martial Rashford and misfit Depay to glean from him though. Has seemed to be in good form albeit in an inferior league imo. Have heard forever and a day about the likes of him being world class players but could they do it on a rainy Tuesday night in Stoke etc. I'm quite happy for him to prove us all right or wrong. Bit of the Cantona Maverick about him imo. Doubt it will happen though he could probably get double that salary in China or the MLS.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
What ever anyone thinks about Zlatan... he's a big personality. the PL needs players like him.

zlatan-ibrahimovic-and-rubin-okotie.gif

AndyRM

XOXO
Agreed could be valuable knowledge for the likes of Martial Rashford and misfit Depay to glean from him though. Has seemed to be in good form albeit in an inferior league imo. Have heard forever and a day about the likes of him being world class players but could they do it on a rainy Tuesday night in Stoke etc. I'm quite happy for him to prove us all right or wrong. Bit of the Cantona Maverick about him imo. Doubt it will happen though he could probably get double that salary in China or the MLS.

He's been in good form for his entire career, played in different countries, adapted to different styles and consistently scored goals.

The guy is pretty much the definition of world class.

Top Bottom