The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Well, no-one's going to be surprised with another flop in the run-up and possibly the participation at the next World Cup.

Key facts & figures
  • Allardyce has never won a major trophy as a manager
  • He has a 33.6% Premier League career win percentage
  • Sunderland's average possession last season was 39.94%
  • 21% of their passes were 'long', compared with 14.4% at Eddie Howe's Bournemouth
He's never managed a team who are capable of winning a trophy.

Which makes him a perfect fit for England.

AndyRM

XOXO
Appointing Allardyce would suggest the FA have finally given up hope.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
At last! It's been a long time coming. Hoper they are brave enough to enforce it and be fair and consistent.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/36844570

Yes, good move.

Next on the list: cheating. Whether it's diving, feigning injury or stealing 'yardage'. It all needs to stop.

Pet hate being last seasons craze of getting a minor knock or tap from about the chest up resulting in mad writhing on the ground whilst holding the face.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Well, England have tried poncey managers with foreign names who were overpaid and underperformed. They've tried the English blazer types who were still overpaid and still underperformed.
Maybe BFS is worth a pragmatic punt. Who would the naysayers rather have?

martint235

Dog on a bike
Well, England have tried poncey managers with foreign names who were overpaid and underperformed. They've tried the English blazer types who were still overpaid and still underperformed.
Maybe BFS is worth a pragmatic punt. Who would the naysayers rather have?
Got a point I suppose. He may create an English team that plays solid, winning but slightly boring football. Once the winning is sorted a bit of flair can be introduced at the top of midfield

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
Good to see a Falkirk fan managing England
IMG_20160721_215019.jpg

Top Bottom