The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AndyRM

XOXO
Ping to @deptfordmarmoset he did a sterling job of organising one last time. Any plans ?

That was one helluva feat of organisation, and must have required no end of patience, particularly when we started adding random Irish and Scottish teams. Probably took years off the poor chaps life!

I'd suggest that for his sake and keeping it sensible I've set up a Private Classic league on fantasy.premierleague.com called Legia CC.

Joining code is 489071-145634

Make your selections by 11.30 on August 13.

Last edited:

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
100 million for Pogba???? The world really has gone mad

It is indeed a very sick world that sport (not just football) has become.

I love football but the salaries and transfer fees are obscenities - and I really do understand returns on investment blah, blah, blah.

It angers me that families have to live on £20k or less per annum and a very young man can earn £300k per week and that's before bonuses, image rights and sponserships are taken into account.

AndyRM

XOXO
According to Rodgers, Celtic played a blinder yesterday...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36909747

Whilst I agree that a draw away from home is a decent result, the pish that he comes out with is unreal.

"Outstanding", "fantastic", "wonderful"... Jeezo man, your team managed one shot on target. Major reality check needed.

If he keeps it up when the league starts he will make Neil Lennon look like an amateur when it comes to ludicrous descriptions of his teams ability.

Last edited:

Starchivore

I don't know much about Cinco de Mayo
That was one helluva feat of organisation, and must have required no end of patience, particularly when we started adding random Irish and Scottish teams. Probably took years off the poor chaps life!

I'd suggest that for his sake and keeping it sensible I've set up a Private Classic league on fantasy.premierleague.com called Legia CC.

Joining code is 489071-145634

Make your selections by 11.30 on August 13.

Great, thanks. I'll join today.

Starchivore

It is indeed a very sick world that sport (not just football) has become.

I love football but the salaries and transfer fees are obscenities - and I really do understand returns on investment blah, blah, blah.

It angers me that families have to live on £20k or less per annum and a very young man can earn £300k per week and that's before bonuses, image rights and sponserships are taken into account.

I agree- but it is private money, and our government could get its act together and tax it properly and then we as a country could really make some ££££ off it, for our services.

Private bodies/companies can pay what they like to footballers- but our government should be taking advantage of the mad wages. But they aren't.

If he keeps it up when the league starts he will make Neil Lennon look like an amateur when it comes to ludicrous descriptions of his teams ability.

We've got the joys of old Popcorn Teeth waxing lyrical about Hibs and whining about refs this season.

I endured his post-match interview on Radio Scotland after the 1-0 home defeat by Brondby; I have nae idea what game he was watching but it certainly wasnae the pish I had seen. He's a walloper.

SpokeyDokey

I agree- but it is private money, and our government could get its act together and tax it properly and then we as a country could really make some ££££ off it, for our services.

Private bodies/companies can pay what they like to footballers- but our government should be taking advantage of the mad wages. But they aren't.

The Gov' do get around half though.

I think my real point though is that stars of the sports/music/film etc industries are touted as role models but all I see is greedy *astards with their snouts firmly in the gravy train trough. Pretty unseemly really.

I'd also bet that a fair few of the fans of such people who idolise them despite their obscene earnings probably spit feathers about what bankers, CEO's and politicians earn.

And yet few of those will touch what eg Rooney earns with his basic salary of close to £16 million pa.

Starchivore

I love Johnny Stones and I think he is terrific. I don't want him to leave Everton but I'll understand if he does.

I think he is a very very rare talent- there are very very very few central defenders who can bring the ball forward and move play on- rather than just a long hoof or passing it across the back or knocking it down the line. He'd do great in a top team that doesn't have to defend as much and needs someone to help penetrate 10 men behind the ball.

SpokeyDokey

I love Johnny Stones and I think he is terrific. I don't want him to leave Everton but I'll understand if he does.

I think he is a very very rare talent- there are very very very few central defenders who can bring the ball forward and move play on- rather than just a long hoof or passing it across the back or knocking it down the line. He'd do great in a top team that doesn't have to defend as much and needs someone to help penetrate 10 men behind the ball.

Genuine question: I thought he was showing real promise until last season when he did not look at all composed/aware 9at least in the half dozen or so games I saw him in.

What do you think happened or maybe you don't agree?

AndyRM

XOXO
Genuine question: I thought he was showing real promise until last season when he did not look at all composed/aware 9at least in the half dozen or so games I saw him in.

What do you think happened or maybe you don't agree?

My thought is that he started to believe his own hype, fuelled by an incessant media which does absolutely nothing for talented young British players other than rip them to shreds for the slightest mistake.

Top Bottom