The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
And there was me moaning about missing out on promotion last season, saying we could've been playing Bolton and Sheffield United. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-humber-36907480
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-humber-36894640 I'd hate to go back to the 70's and 80's hooligan days but it's creeping back in i've noticed.
We play Bradford City next Tuesday in the league cup(whatever they call it these days?) The last time they came they had quite a few fans ejected from the home end after starting and trying to start fights with the Stanley fans. Maybe i'll give it a miss.

Starchivore

I don't know much about Cinco de Mayo
That was one helluva feat of organisation, and must have required no end of patience, particularly when we started adding random Irish and Scottish teams. Probably took years off the poor chaps life!

I'd suggest that for his sake and keeping it sensible I've set up a Private Classic league on fantasy.premierleague.com called Legia CC.

Joining code is 489071-145634

Make your selections by 11.30 on August 13.

Just bumping this to encourage people to sign up- come on everyone, it's free, it's fun.

AndyRM

XOXO
Just bumping this to encourage people to sign up- come on everyone, it's free, it's fun.

If it gets popular I'll start a breakaway thread to maintain the top insight on here!

If I remember correctly there's a chat/forum function on the site already.

I went for the auto fill selection and probably ended up with a stronger selection than I'd have gone for, might stick with it!

mark st1

Plastic Manc
If it gets popular I'll start a breakaway thread to maintain the top insight on here!

If I remember correctly there's a chat/forum function on the site already.

I went for the auto fill selection and probably ended up with a stronger selection than I'd have gone for, might stick with it!

I've changed my team 50 times in my head already.100 million pah the tight buggers !

MarkF

Guru
I don't agree. There are very, very few players who can carry the ball out of defence and open teams up from deep effectively. They are incredibly rare. He made mistakes last season but in a struggling team and he's still very young.

I don't think his attitude is poor. He accepted the club blocking him from going to Chelsea with good grace and didn't cause any fuss or say anything to the media. He works very hard and yes tries a bit too hard sometimes with the ball at his feet but he was frustrated last season because of the team's performance, and that must have been part of the reason for his over-playing at times.

Against Liverpool the midefield was non-existent, he had no chance. It was two vs one so many times, not fair to blame that on him.

Agree with all this it's so insular the way we look at CB's, why have 2? Probably for set pieces, well how dismal! Stone is going places, Everton are not. They are now entering the pressing game and forever to lose to teams who play the same game but who possess better players.

MarkF

Guru
The last time they came they had quite a few fans ejected from the home end after starting and trying to start fights with the Stanley fans. Maybe i'll give it a miss.

That is because we are massive and provide your best pay days, can't you be grateful? ^_^

This time it'll be different, your match price is way too high, it's been discussed on the Bradford boards, not many will travel this time. Your loss.

Dundalk FC through to the Champions League play-offs.

Starchivore

I don't know much about Cinco de Mayo
I do this, then forget about my team after a month or so and come back to a selection of misfiring cripples when I check in again.

There's no reason to think I'll do differently this season!

We'll try and remind you to make your changes ;)

I do like the official Prem fantasy league- a free transfer every week is very generous but it keeps it interesting. It does mean you have to keep a close eye on things though!

Roadhump

Time you enjoyed wasting was not wasted
We'll try and remind you to make your changes ;)

I do like the official Prem fantasy league- a free transfer every week is very generous but it keeps it interesting. It does mean you have to keep a close eye on things though!
They seem to have changed it from last season. I have started a league with a few mates locally and have had trouble sending invitations out. It was inaccessible this morning saying they were "updating the game" whatever that means. I get the impression the change to the new layout is causing it to be a bit unstable.

Roadhump

Time you enjoyed wasting was not wasted
I do this, then forget about my team after a month or so and come back to a selection of misfiring cripples when I check in again.

There's no reason to think I'll do differently this season!
I used to do that every season, but a couple of years ago, I took a bit more interest and find it good fun and enjoyable. It also gives us something else to talk about in the pub when we meet up. Hopefully if reminders go out, as per @Starchivore post above it will help avoid it happening too often.

One of the things that happens to people is that when you get involved with FL it influences the way you want results to go because you want your FL players to score points for you. Even though I have no allegiance to Watford, I found myself punching the air last season when Gomez saved 2 penalties in one game, which got me a few extra points, FL is great fun.

Top Bottom