The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Starchivore

I don't know much about Cinco de Mayo
I used to do that every season, but a couple of years ago, I took a bit more interest and find it good fun and enjoyable. It also gives us something else to talk about in the pub when we meet up. Hopefully if reminders go out, as per @Starchivore post above it will help avoid it happening too often.

One of the things that happens to people is that when you get involved with FL it influences the way you want results to go because you want your FL players to score points for you. Even though I have no allegiance to Watford, I found myself punching the air last season when Gomez saved 2 penalties in one game, which got me a few extra points, FL is great fun.

Absolutely- my interest in the Prem has tailed a bit in the last couple of years, but last year doing the fantasy football, tracking who's scored what, and making the changes each week gave me a reason to follow it more and care a bit more- and I really enjoyed it. Looking out for the match reports of teams you don't normally care about, just to see if so-and-so managed to do anything, is great.

I hope you are all going to pick John Stones, he sounds jolly good

AndyRM

XOXO
I used to do that every season, but a couple of years ago, I took a bit more interest and find it good fun and enjoyable. It also gives us something else to talk about in the pub when we meet up. Hopefully if reminders go out, as per @Starchivore post above it will help avoid it happening too often.

One of the things that happens to people is that when you get involved with FL it influences the way you want results to go because you want your FL players to score points for you. Even though I have no allegiance to Watford, I found myself punching the air last season when Gomez saved 2 penalties in one game, which got me a few extra points, FL is great fun.

I know what you mean on both counts. I used to be really into it when a group of us played in the office, but as I no longer work there the appeal started to wane.

Part of my problem too is that I pick players purely because I like them, not because they are necessarily any good. I had Grant Holt as Captain, with Rickie Lambert as vice for ages...

AndyRM

XOXO

1223415.main_image.jpg

Starchivore

I don't know much about Cinco de Mayo
Vardy and Mahrez murdered me last year.

I kept waiting for them to stop scoring, stubbornly not putting them in my team even as everyone else did. They never stopped.

Right, I'll give the fantasy league thing a go, I might find out a bit more about those splendid dribbling defenders out there
That's me entered, I went with the auto-select option but might have a play about later (oo-er missus) if it lets me as it's given me some blokes from Watford and Everton...

booze and cake

probably out cycling
That was one helluva feat of organisation, and must have required no end of patience, particularly when we started adding random Irish and Scottish teams. Probably took years off the poor chaps life!

I'd suggest that for his sake and keeping it sensible I've set up a Private Classic league on fantasy.premierleague.com called Legia CC.

Joining code is 489071-145634

Make your selections by 11.30 on August 13.

I've joined if that's alright, with my team the Surrender Monkeys. I've been playing the FPL one for 2 years and still getting the hang of it really, been 90k overall for last 2 seasons so hoping for better this year.

Having a Cyclechat league just adds to my enjoyment of the footy and Cyclechat, so its win win. Looking forward to it.:thumbsup:

For the record I'm a Spurs fan, sorry about that.

Last edited:

AndyRM

XOXO
I've joined if that's alright, with my team the Surrender Monkeys. I've been playing the FPL one for 2 years and still getting the hang of it really, been 90k overall for last 2 seasons so hoping for better this year.

Having a Cyclechat league just adds to my enjoyment of the footy and Cyclechat, so its win win. Looking forward to it.:thumbsup:

Absolutely, the more the merrier!

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
That is because we are massive and provide your best pay days, can't you be grateful? ^_^

This time it'll be different, your match price is way too high, it's been discussed on the Bradford boards, not many will travel this time. Your loss.

Ha! I knew i'd get a reaction from you.:okay: Yes it's far too high a price,a bloody rip off in fact!:thumbsdown:

Stephenite

Membå
The Norway Cup is being played here at the moment. Just been to drop someone off there, and it's a fantastic sight. 2199 teams from 20-odd countries. Ages 6- 19, all genders.

The russian team didn't quite get into the spirit of the tournament. First match abandoned, forfeited, fined, and thrown out for violence.

Last edited:
Top Bottom