The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Is there a Fantasy Championship?
I bet Newcastle fans are hoping there is cos their Championship reality ain't looking too good

AndyRM

XOXO
I bet Newcastle fans are hoping there is cos their Championship reality ain't looking too good

They were totally gash last night, as were Fulham to be fair. Both looked way off the pace and like they'd never met their teammates.

Anyway, baws tae the sassenachs.

Killie get going this afternoon. We're already out of two cups so we can focus on our league campaign.

In Jigsaw we trust...

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Without being derogatory to Leicester City I do remember reading on The Foxes fan boards how they were 'doing it' without being part of the big money machine of PL footy - which I thought was daft anyway.

Well, here we see that they are also truly part of the big bucks bonanza that is a facet of the sickly world of football finance:

http://www.101greatgoals.com/news/l...-almost-2m-19-bmw-cars-gifts-players-picture/

No disrespect to LC fans, the same goes on elsewhere, but I find this wealth flaunting obscene.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Remind me, your team is which?

My team are as bad (they all are up to a point) which is why I wrote 'same goes on elsewhere' - in truth I am getting more and more hacked off with these extreme displays of wealth.

All the absurd £10k earrings, gold plated headphones, massive houses and car upon car upon car in the garage is diminishing my enjoyment of the game.

Doesn't help that we are in the off season - at least when that starts I can focus on the footy which will hopefully be better than last season's abomination for us. :smile:

Last edited:

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Enjoy what goes on on the pitch as much as you can. Ignore the off pitch bollocks as much as you can.
Football now has two aspects. The game itself is one, but the other - which is beginning to overtake it - is the soap opera which runs parallel to the matches. Who earns how much, which mansion they live in, which model they are dating, what club they might got to next (So much for the badge kissing) and what one manager said about another get's as much if not more press coverage than the football. It's beginning to pi$$ me off too and I find I have less interest in the sport than I used to.

I know it has become something of a cliche, but the average fan has nothing in common with the players any more. When I was at school West Ham's Alan Sealy used to take us for football coaching and another, John Cushly was a part time teacher there. Now they seem to exist on another planet.

simon.r

Person
As a lifetime LCFC fan I'm struggling. The days of turning up on Saturday at 2.45pm (2.30pm if it was a big game) and paying on the gate are long gone. And I'm talking about football in the top 2 tiers.

I don't want to commit to a season ticket or buy a membership for the half a dozen games a year I go to see, so it's a case of relying on friends who are season ticket holders to get me tickets, if they can. I particularly enjoy going to away games, but without a season ticket it's nigh on impossible to buy tickets for these.

I will always support LCFC, but will seriously consider switching my few live games a year to Notts or Mansfield, where I imagine ticket availability isn't an issue.

Mansfield Town's first choice 'keeper is Scottish. I rest my case.

MarkF

Guru
0-0 v Vale but at least we look like Bradford City again with this seasons kit. A very good crowd for Division 3 of 18500 and none of your PL plastic banner "legend" bollox, all home made by our yoof! :okay:

https://vid.me/ra1x
ra1x

Top Bottom