The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
The other week I had the misfortune to be on a train with two who got on a Royston, which is quite a flight.
Clacton is now known as Little Dagenham.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Looks like Sunderland are going flat out for Derby County's EPL record. Ten games in and only two points putting them on course for eight by the end of the season. Derby went down with a massive eleven.
Was hoping for a miracle and at 2:1 thought I might get it....hey ho.

Forfar drew 1-1 at home against bottom of the league Edinburgh City, the 2nd time in 2 weeks we have played them and drawn. And another game against them on Tuesday of this week in Scottish Cup replay, which I hope to be able to attend :smile:

No game this week in the amateur league, so I can at least claim we didnae get beat.

martint235

Dog on a bike
Liverpool still playing "it doesn't matter how many they score so long as we score more". Entertaining certainly. But I only have so many finger nails to chew

Roadhump

Time you enjoyed wasting was not wasted
I'd swap that for the dross being trolled out at OT currently. Premier league football is slowly slipping down my list of interests.
To be fair, Utd played quite well yesterday. Heaton played out of his skin in nets for them, and kept them in it really. He did the same against Everton at Turf Moor last week, but I know where you are coming from feeling like you do, after we dominated the game but blew it in the final minute against them, I was being glass half empty and focusing on the negative things about our team rather than taking a glass half full view and thinking about the better things.....hope that doesn't sound patronising, it just rings a bell with me.

Last edited:

Roadhump

Time you enjoyed wasting was not wasted
Liverpool still playing "it doesn't matter how many they score so long as we score more". Entertaining certainly. But I only have so many finger nails to chew
The difference this year compared with 3 years ago, though, is that LFC aren't as reliant on one player - I know Sturridge did well that year, but without Suarez I doubt they would have been in the top 4. Couthino is perhaps the player that will get them 2 or 3 places higher this year (so, yeah still a one man team :laugh:), but several others also seem to be clicking. The way they close down / press and their workrate is incredible, it looks like Klipperty Klopp has instilled a fantastic team spirit and belief there, and I hate to say it but as a bitter blue, I'm getting a bit worried that this dawn may not be false for them.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
21aemxc.jpg

Dave7

Legendary Member
Watched it live and watched the highlights this morning.
I know its all ifs and buts........but.....if Lovren hadnt gifted them that goal it could wll have been 4 or 6 nil.
I was even impressed with Moreno which is saying something.

martint235

Dog on a bike
Watched it live and watched the highlights this morning.
I know its all ifs and buts........but.....if Lovren hadnt gifted them that goal it could wll have been 4 or 6 nil.
I was even impressed with Moreno which is saying something.
I liked Moreno when he arrived, very attacking but still a capable defender but for some reason this season it's not that he's forgotten defending he's become a liability at it

Top Bottom