The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
We got lucky today,a soft penalty,three shots hit our woodwork(one by mark noble!)and a shot cleared off the line.
Hull deserved something out of the game but sometimes you have to win ugly.;)

Sadly I suspect we are going down, this due to the slow, slow, sadistic constriction of life out of the club by the 'owners' ...

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
The starting 11 were all there last season, so it's curious that so many have lost form. At one point Carroll was playing right back to plug the massive hole in defence. The atmosphere was pretty flat but hardly unsurprising given the listlessness of the team. They looked better in the second half when they played with more tempo and started to take players on.
What did you think of the stadium, User482?

Work patterns as a driving instructor meant weekends and evenings so the last time I managed to get to Upton Park was 1988 before full seating and the ground had become a sorry looking dump. I should think it improved a bit when they upgraded.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
So the SFA appointed a racist, homophobic, sexist bigot in Malky Mackay to be Head of Football Development to the cheers of the Old Firm -

"He's a real football man" said Kris "fat man cannae run" Boyd
"He has experience of banking so understands football finance" says Mark Warburton - that experience was when Mackay was 19 and worked as a teller at a High St bank.

Anyway, the first proposal from the racist, homop...etc Mackay is to announce he's pushing for the Old Firm to be allowed Colt Teams into League 2. The same proposal which has been repeatedly rejected for the basic reason it's pish. It would allow the Bigot Sisters to hoover up even more of Scottish talent which is currently getting a first game with other clubs and put them into a team that would play in front of miniscule crowds getting the everloving shoot kicked out of them by lower league cloggers.

I bloody hate Scottish football at times.

This is Tory-ball, the entire football system being trampled over for the benefit of two clubs who won't even put these players into the first team because they'll always prefer a foreign import on big bucks anyway.

U

User482

What did you think of the stadium, User482?

Work patterns as a driving instructor meant weekends and evenings so the last time I managed to get to Upton Park was 1988 before full seating and the ground had become a sorry looking dump. I should think it improved a bit when they upgraded.

I had mixed feelings about it. On the one hand, there were 20,000 more people than would fit into the Upton Park, entry and exit was painless, and you could get a really good view of the pitch. On the other hand, it lacked atmosphere - you're such a long way from the pitch that it feels a bit disconnected, and the home support were much quieter (maybe because the performance was so awful!). Upton Park was actually in pretty good order the last few years - I think all but one of the stands would've been rebuilt since you last visited. Wenger reckons it took Arsenal two years to get used to the Emirates - I can see why.

AndyRM

XOXO
So the SFA appointed a racist, homophobic, sexist bigot in Malky Mackay to be Head of Football Development to the cheers of the Old Firm -

"He's a real football man" said Kris "fat man cannae run" Boyd
"He has experience of banking so understands football finance" says Mark Warburton - that experience was when Mackay was 19 and worked as a teller at a High St bank.

Anyway, the first proposal from the racist, homop...etc Mackay is to announce he's pushing for the Old Firm to be allowed Colt Teams into League 2. The same proposal which has been repeatedly rejected for the basic reason it's pish. It would allow the Bigot Sisters to hoover up even more of Scottish talent which is currently getting a first game with other clubs and put them into a team that would play in front of miniscule crowds getting the everloving shoot kicked out of them by lower league cloggers.

I bloody hate Scottish football at times.

This is Tory-ball, the entire football system being trampled over for the benefit of two clubs who won't even put these players into the first team because they'll always prefer a foreign import on big bucks anyway.

Agreed. The structure of Scottish football is absolutely rotten. Part of the problem, I think, is that those in charge of other clubs are too scared to speak up or do anything. The only time they've shown any spine was in punting Rangers to the third division (and even that was a concession); but that has changed absolutely nothing as they've spunked millions winning amateur leagues whilst poaching and ruining good Scottish players.

The Old Firm do more harm than good for the game IMO. And I really wish Boyd would STFU about Rangers while he's still a Killie player... It seems to be forgotten that he's ever played for us - in a recent article in The Chronicle here he was described as a "former Rangers and Middlesbrough" player like he'd retired FFS.

Top Bottom