The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
He's the only England manager with 100% record.

:laugh::rofl: :laugh:

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Outside of 3rd world politics, In what other job could you be sacked so publicly for something as serious as corruption, and yet re employed by a seemingly reputable entity just weeks later? In my industry you'd be finished for good.
I'm not someone who rants against standards in professional football normally and I know it's not the most transparent and respected industry, but I find this genuinely distasteful and I'm surprised there's not more of a moral backlash.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
Outside of 3rd world politics, In what other job could you be sacked so publicly for something as serious as corruption, and yet re employed by a seemingly reputable entity just weeks later? In my industry you'd be finished for good.
I'm not someone who rants against standards in professional football normally and I know it's not the most transparent and respected industry, but I find this genuinely distasteful and I'm surprised there's not more of a moral backlash.

Very similar to the Malky Mackay situation - very publicly sacked for racism, homophobia, anti-Semitism and sexism - later given one of the top jobs within the SFA developing football.

Dec66

A gentlemanly pootler, these days
In fairness to Allardyce... What the Telegraph had on him was a long, long way short of corruption.

In fact, it was much ado about pretty much nothing.

Stephenite

Membå
Banking/financial services and tabloid journalism spring to mind immediately as two areas of employment where ethics don't play a huge role. And politics across the globe is riddled with crooks. Not only poor countries.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member

I wont just 'like' this, i'll even here here it!:cheers:

Even though my misses and Adrian, plus one or two more, are Palace fans, I hope they get relegated as I just read that Allardyce has been offered £4 million (in addition to his salary) just to avoid relegation.

Very similar to the Malky Mackay situation - very publicly sacked for racism, homophobia, anti-Semitism and sexism - later given one of the top jobs within the SFA developing football.
Ah, but Malky has been on a course and kept a scrapbook as evidence of how he's not like that no more mister.

Top Bottom