The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Roadhump

Time you enjoyed wasting was not wasted
Is Mike Dean Jasper Carrot's twin brother?

MarkF

Guru
Video technology replays needed - what the assistant ref' was up to is beyond me - Zlatan was about 1m offside.

I wouldn't want that, I like the controversy created by bad decisions. It's just that Man U have had 2 very obviously offside goals in a week, it's not as if they are Burton and hardly anybody is watching!

If they get a 3rd offside goal, one that stops Liverpool winning the title, then that would prove the lack of video technology is to footballs greater benefit. :smile:

mark st1

Plastic Manc
I wouldn't want that, I like the controversy created by bad decisions. It's just that Man U have had 2 very obviously offside goals in a week, it's not as if they are Burton and hardly anybody is watching!

If they get a 3rd offside goal, one that stops Liverpool winning the title, then that would prove the lack of video technology is to footballs greater benefit. :smile:

2 in a week blimey let it go mate they were separated by a year :whistle:

I was at the "mike dean show"last night and had a great view of the sending off.
My initial thought was it was a 50/50 tackle but jones did make a meal of it.

We have got some bad referees in the premier but mike dean has got to be at the top,it's all about ME with him.

I actually thought we played quite well and could have scored when antonio was through but the game changer for united(apart from the sending off)was bringing rashford on.He roasted our right back norvdveit and the pass to set up mata for the goal was very good.

Once again for the second goal the officials got it totally wrong as there were three united players offside.

No sour grapes from me but the sending off spoiled what looked like a good game.i don't think united played particularly well but with a man over on a big pitch it was not if they would score but when.

mark st1

Plastic Manc
I was at the "mike dean show"last night and had a great view of the sending off.

We have got some bad referees in the premier but mike dean has got to be at the top,it's all about ME with him.

I actually thought we played quite well and could have scored when antonio was through but the game changer for united(apart from the sending off)was bringing rashford on.He roasted our right back norvdveit and the pass to set up mata for the goal was very good.

Once again for the second goal the officials got it totally wrong as there were three united players offside.

No sour grapes from me but the sending off spoiled what looked like a good game.i don't think united played particularly well but with a man over on a big pitch it was not if they would score but when.

I've just seen it on motd and the sending off was laughable did ruin the game for me that Kouyate was lucky for that challenge on Mkhitaryan far worse than the red that was given imo. That Antonio should have had you lot 2-0 even when you did have 10 men. Ibra had a perfect goal chalked off the other day against boro so swings and roundabouts ( although I know I will moan when Utd don't get a decision next time :whistle:)

U

User482

I'd be more charitable to Mike Dean if he wasn't such a preening, self-regarding bell end. Someone needs to remind him that the match isn't about him.

AndyRM

XOXO
Not great quality but Laurent Robert did the overhead backheel thing years ago!

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Zlatan's body was offside but his nose was on :whistle:
8513256069_6297d8ba91_o.gif

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Deffo re vid replays. Rugby has 'em, so does cricket, hell, even snooker uses the tech. It's about time footy was dragged into the 21st century...
Interruptions are part of the natural play in both those sports. It would ruin a football match, and where would the game be without the odd headline grabbing controversy? Adds to it in my opinion.

Top Bottom