The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Stephenite

Membå
@Supersuperleeds @AndyRM Commentators and the like really ought to try to appear neutral. I agree it is laziness on their part. But i am allowed to be totally and unequivocally biased.

If i had written 'Come on you reds!'* would you be raising a point of order? What about the Benficans?!

* and, no, i don't mean Salford Reds, @potsy

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
@Supersuperleeds @AndyRM Commentators and the like really ought to try to appear neutral. I agree it is laziness on their part. But i am allowed to be totally and unequivocally biased.

If i had written 'Come on you reds!'* would you be raising a point of order? What about the Benficans?!

* and, no, i don't mean Salford Reds, @potsy

I would question how someone from Olso came to support Charlton

Stephenite

Membå
I would question how someone from Olso came to support Charlton
Are you from Leicester? I live in Oslo at the mo'. I'm born and raised Manc. My dad's from Salford.

For what it's worth i'm not sure geographical origin/location is so very important these days. I've met some very passionate fans of english football teams who are 'foreign'. I know a norwegian Leeds supporter here in Norway who has Leeds tattoos and travels to watch the games often. There's no way you could call him not a proper fan. There's also a bloke who has had his car painted in Stoke City colours. I have a photo somewhere. I was gobsmacked when i saw it.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Yeah, I think it's the laziness, and arrogance, of pundits that annoys me most. At least in England they seem to have stopped banging on about "The Big Four", but in Scotland the boner over the old firm seems stronger than ever.

Can't agree there @AndyRM - the 'boner' in the heavily weighted ex-LFC punditry teams within Sky, the Beeb & BT is always for 'The History' club.

They are positively orgasmic when discussing yet another momentous night at Anfield and you'd think some of the players could walk on water whilst solving the entire world's problems.

Christ knows how they have got a toe hold into the punditry money trough but it is almost like a LFC closed shop.

mark st1

Plastic Manc
Can't agree there @AndyRM - the 'boner' in the heavily weighted ex-LFC punditry teams within Sky, the Beeb & BT is always for 'The History' club.

They are positively orgasmic when discussing yet another momentous night at Anfield and you'd think some of the players could walk on water whilst solving the entire world's problems.

Christ knows how they have got a toe hold into the punditry money trough but it is almost like a LFC closed shop.

Agree there lawro Hansen etc ruined motd imo so glad to see the back of them. Used to love Andy Gray but mainly as he seemed to hate the bin dippers :laugh: BT's co commenters I can't stand. Mcmanaman's monotone voice Hargreaves Owen Savage urgh they give me the hump. Sky's seem far better Neville Smudger Smith and Niall Quinn all seem extremely knowledgable and contribute good information. I know Sky seem universally hated but nobody can deny they with Scudamore have made the Prem the machine it is.

Edit suppose I shouldn't use Prem as the Utd abbreviation haters might get the ump :biggrin:

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Preston didn't put away there chances in the first half and they paid the price.

Yes. That cross from the right that the striker missed by about 6 inches could've put us out of our misery and stopped ANOTHER Arsenal in the final happening.

I don't have BT sport, so R5 it was for me. Footy commentary at its best. OK, I will also listen to Talksport, but R5 is where I'm at.

Besides, I was driving home from a cat show at the time anyway LOL
Totally agree, had talk sport on for 3 minutes and got the usual headache with over enthusiastic commentary. R5 rocks .... Only TMS tops it, but I can't mention on this illustrious thread lol

Top Bottom