The Fridays Tour de Normandie 2015

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
The reason all the Google Maps links are based on walking directions suddenly becomes clear....
Carbon fat bikes, anyone?

mmmmartin

Random geezer
There's some recce'ing to be done on Friday morning, Martin, and since it involves off-roading, your name is firmly in the frame.
I would gladly follow you unto the very gates of hell, as you know.

*digs out those detailed maps of the Cherbourg area*
*worries*

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
I would gladly follow you unto the very gates of hell, as you know.

*digs out those detailed maps of the Cherbourg area*
*worries*
There are some rather spiffing voies vertes with the sort of sandy packed surface that works far better than anyone has a right to expect. But since they go in diametrically the wrong direction to get to Bayeux I'm as mystified as you.

Hold on - if memory serves there's a cut around the Brix hill which someone found. But again, if we're starting off avec Madame de Brix a cut around the hill is singularly useless.

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
I shall explain. A few miles south of Brix we have a choice. We can go over half a mile of gravel on the Route de la Rade or take to the main highway, going on at one junction and taking the next off-ramp.

Susie and have ridden both -- the gravel was passable in September, but, then again, it had been dry for a while. So...we will inspect the path, see if it is okish, and make up our minds accordingly.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/dir/B...0x480c833159ef1217:0x10e6d799d4170a07!1m0!3e2

Sorry for the delay, but I've finally got around to going over the gpx files.

Bear in mind they don't account of any possible excursions such as above, and are based on whatever the new version of Google maps thought Simon had in mind, so hopefully they line up ok.

Day 1 Brix to Bayeux - 65 miles, 2,200 ft. of climbing, quite flat really.
Day 2 Bayeux to Honfleur - 59 miles, 2,350 ft. of climbing, couple of big hills (one of which is a tad steep, so don't blame me but it's got a nice view at the top).
Day 3 Honfleur to Dieppe - 70 miles, 3,257 ft. of climbing, bit of a drag up to a plateau, but nothing steeper than 7.8%, and I can see a lovely descent like Slugwash Lane, only longer with a thatched cottage thrown in.

You'll love it.

StuAff

Bear in mind they don't account of any possible excursions such as above, and are based on whatever the new version of Google maps thought Simon had in mind, so hopefully they line up ok.

Day 2 Bayeux to Honfleur - 59 miles, 2,350 ft. of climbing, couple of big hills (one of which is a tad steep, so don't blame me but it's got a nice view at the top).
Day 3 Honfleur to Dieppe - 70 miles, 3,257 ft. of climbing, bit of a drag up to a plateau, but nothing steeper than 7.8%, and I can see a lovely descent like Slugwash Lane, only longer with a thatched cottage thrown in.

You'll love it.
Good lord, that's a lot of climbing…compared to what I have planned for a couple of weeks time (Elevation charts flatter than a pancake) :smile:

U

User482

You'll love it.
Thanks FD, much appreciated.

StuAff

How do I get them from ridewithgps as GPX files? Do I have to sign up to ridewithgps?
Export tab on each page. Best option is probably the GPX track rather than route (when I've used GPX routes from RWGPS my Garmin's always had issues with them. Crashing, mainly....).

Top Bottom