The Fridays Tour de Normandie 2015

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
please don't do anything yet

a) some people will be travelling the day before
b) some people will travel from Poole
c) some people will have folders

so, when I know how many additional spaces we need I will have a plan. And bear in mind that I've already had discussions about extra spaces.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
please don't do anything yet

a) some people will be travelling the day before
b) some people will travel from Poole
c) some people will have folders

so, when I know how many additional spaces we need I will have a plan. And bear in mind that I've already had discussions about extra spaces.
As I've said, I'm not doing anything until leave arrangements have been made. Probably have an idea in about six weeks....probably....

redfalo

known as Olaf in real life
If bike spaces become an issue, Katharina and I could use our clown bikes. First choice, however, would be to ride on grown up bikes.

U

User482

I heard this weekend that the Harwich - Ejberg ferry is being retired even earlier on the 28th September. The ferry business is shrinking and consolidating into only 3 or 4 companies. Not good.
Good news - a new operator is going to resume the service next year: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-29419581

My wife has a considerable interest: her grandparents were engaged on that crossing, shortly before the outbreak of WW2. Her grandfather was on the first ferry back in 1945 so they could be married.

maxap

This sounds like something we would be interested in. Could someone please explain how you arrange accommodation? Do you make group bookings or does everyone just book their own?
Cheers

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
If you do end up in the situation where someone is riding a folder due to bike space reasons on the outbound ferry, then I have a suggestion. I could arrange to take my car on the same, or earlier, ferry with their (grown up) bikes on the roof (I could manage 2 or possibly 3) and hand the bikes over on the other side. I'd then pop over to my friend's place near Granville. However organising this for the return leg would be much more difficult.

Just a possibility... if needed.

Last edited:
OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
my back-up plan is to hire a man and van in Portsmouth. I've found such a man who has such a van. I'm getting a price.

U

User10571

I would have thought that any number of men with vans would be only too happy to get a payload for the outward part of their trip.
Would that not include a return trip from Marseille?
Or am I thinking of the wrong film?

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
the problem seems to be solving itself. Six, or maybe seven people have gone for the Poole option. Four people (including Susie and me) have gone for the day-before option. And others are dusting off their Bromptons. I'll wait for all of the replies and get back to you.

Top Bottom