The Gardening Forum

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TVC

Everyone's lawns look like that at the moment, waterlogged. Unless you can find a way to stop it raining for the next couple of weeks then you are stuck.

OP
OP
winjim

winjim

Smash the cistern
Yeah, I just took the photo today in the pouring rain and the day after a builder has tramped on it. It's not usually that bad. It's more how to deal with the shady spots and cat urine that concerns me.

TVC

Yeah, I just took the photo today in the pouring rain and the day after a builder has tramped on it. It's not usually that bad. It's more how to deal with the shady spots and cat urine that concerns me.
Do you really want a lawn? Take it out, gravel it and put in some planters - easier to manage and you get some colour and fragrance.

OP
OP
winjim

winjim

Smash the cistern
Do you really want a lawn? Take it out, gravel it and put in some planters - easier to manage and you get some colour and fragrance.
Yeah, we want a lawn for the little one to run crawl around on. Once we sort the beds out there'll be colour and fragrance from them, and a few pots on the paving.

Reactions: TVC
OP
OP
winjim

winjim

Smash the cistern
[QUOTE 4142690, member: 9609"]I am sure I did that a while ago, posted similar question here and on the gardening forum, I think I got about 10 answers in here in as many minutes, and one 10 days later in the gardening forum.

It always astounds me the depth of knowledge on about any subject that is readily available in the Cafe, it just shows what a diverse group cyclists are.[/QUOTE]
Indeed, cycling has nearly 37000 members, gardening has less than 700, which is why I posed my original question.

Levo-Lon

Guru
Drainage and good top soil would be my first thought..its far too soggy.

Katherine

Guru
It might take a while to recover from the builder. If you want it ready for the little one later this year, I would suggest that you get some quotes for turf.
Then avoid going on it when it's wet. Protect it from future builders with planks and pallets etc.

stephec

Legendary Member
Some of that pretend grass that still looks pretty lifelike if you can't guarantee the sunlight to help the new turf grow.

Top Bottom