The Good people Of York/Hull !!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
Right it's getting a bit near so...

Loafer regards parking, Soltydog’ s advice seems good,
City centre parking may be expensive (St Stephens’s shopping centre or princess quay)
alternatively we travel down 'Cleveland Street' as we come out of the city centre, Industrial enough not to get passing hoodies, busy enough to be as safe at a pinch (near spiders nightclub?).

Looking at the weather:
Sunrise 06:18 (BST) -Sunset 19:42 (BST) 18°C - 13°C 13 'light showers'

St. Stephen's Square (next to Hull Train Station) for an 11am start?,
where exactly? (it’s a long time since I’ve been) Is it still at the back of the train station?? Or is it built on now???

See you all at 11.

Soltydog

Legendary Member
craigwend said:
St. Stephen's Square (next to Hull Train Station) for an 11am start?,
where exactly? (it’s a long time since I’ve been) Is it still at the back of the train station?? Or is it built on now???

See you all at 11.

It's all built & pretty much finished now :smile: The best place to meet is probably just outside the entrance of the station, towards the shopping centre. There's a few bike stands there, so if anyone's early & fancies a look round they can lock up the bike there.
Are we all wearing a red carnation, so we know who we are :wacko:

The weather forecast is looking like we have half a chance of it being reasonable :wacko:

If anyone wants my mobile number incase you are running late on the day PM me & i'll pass it on :blush:

Out of the local's who know the route's do we have someone to lead the rides? I can do either, but not both :biggrin:

Soltydog said:
1.Are we all wearing a red carnation, so we know who we are :blush:

2.The weather forecast is looking like we have half a chance of it being reasonable :wacko:

3Out of the local's who know the route's do we have someone to lead the rides? I can do either, but not both :wacko:

1.I WONT BE SPORTING A CARNATION,BUT WILL BE IN MY KINGSTON WHEELERS JERSEY,I AM THE BIG BONED CHAP FROM DAAAAN SAAAARF:smile:

2.LOOKS WET & COLD TO ME,PACK ME ARM WARMERS & OVERSHOES (ITS ONLY BEGIN OF SEPTEMBER:evil:)

3. I THINK SHAUN WILL LEAD THE ROADIES INCLUDING ME

Shaun

Founder
Yeah, I'm defo on the Roadie run :biggrin:

AFAIK me and Velocidad are meeting up with Gezza at his hotel and riding into town (sounds like the Three Amigos! :laugh:) to meet up with everyone for 11 outside the front entrance of the St. Stephens shopping centre.

Don't expect too much from me though - I've been off the bike for weeks and my fitness is shot to sheeva. Might be more of a pootle than a run to Hornsea. :smile:

See you all there on Saturday :biggrin:

Cheers,
Shaun

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Who is taking a camera to get a lot of good photos? :tongue:

Soltydog

Legendary Member
I'll take a camera along, but it's not a good one :angry: It's a compact video camcorder/camera that my dad got as a christmas bonus last year. My other camera is too bulky to take cycling :smile:

There's a lot of rain forecast tomorrow, but hopefully there will be a break in the rain on Saturday. The track is likely to be a little muddy in places, especially Whitedale, near Ellerby.
The farmers are still harvesting at the moment, so some of the roads may be a little muddy too. The roads near home were bad yesterday, but not been over where the roadies will be riding, so not sure of the state.

looks loike i'll have a very wet journey from the bottom of the A1 all the way up:sad:

and at least the chish & Fips will be a damn sight cheaper ,than they are down here,I paid £6.50 for Cod & chips this evening(+ £1.25 for a can of coke) Admin/Shaun tells me its £3.50,I think we get shafted down here !!

Arch

Married to Night Train
Right oh folks, I should be arriving on a train just before eleven. I have Shaun's mobile (unless you've changed it since we met up?) so if there's any delay, I try and let him know - otherwise give me a few minute to find me gearings and get out of the stations and stuff. I'll be wearing my Cyclechat jersey, but if it's wet, that'll be hidden under a hi-vis yellow Endura jacket...

I think Helen, if she's still coming, was due to arrive about the same time...

Top Bottom