The Good people Of York/Hull !!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Soltydog

Legendary Member
Piemaster said:
Soft bits are quite short, can't think of any over a bikes length and the only part I've ever been tempted to walk is a couple of hundred feet at New Ellerby where the railbed chippings are still in evidence making it a bit rough - the vibration on the bars was a bit uncomfy.

Anyone going to volunteer to take pictures and report on how things went? I'm hoping to have a turbo trainer on the ships bike by the weekend so will accompany you in spirit.

I normally go on the road from Ellerby to Whitedale because of the rough surface on this section when i'm commuting, but I imagine we'll be going at a much slower rate on the group ride, so hopefully it wont be too bad.
I've got a small camera I can take, prob not best for quality but it's ok & i'm sure someone will report on how things go :smile:

more importantly than anything else.......

whats the dress attire? my CC jersey is too big for me:thumbsup: can i wear my club kit,after all it is KINGSTON wheelers and seeing as i'll be in Kingston-upon-Hull;)

+

also catering,obviuosly being a Southerner,i am used to Ciabattas,fococcias,baguettes etc,lattes,cappucinos etc;)

what are the local delacacies and will i get more than 2 pints for a tenner?:biggrin:,i do presume there will be a ale/lager stop:tongue:

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
gezza said:
more importantly than anything else.......

whats the dress attire? my CC jersey is too big for me:thumbsup: can i wear my club kit,after all it is KINGSTON wheelers and seeing as i'll be in Kingston-upon-Hull;)

+

also catering,obviuosly being a Southerner,i am used to Ciabattas,fococcias,baguettes etc,lattes,cappucinos etc;)

what are the local delacacies and will i get more than 2 pints for a tenner?:biggrin:,i do presume there will be a ale/lager stop:tongue:

Ciabattas = chip butties
Focaccia = pizza
baguettes = chip butties
lattes = milky coffee
cappuccinos = tea strong

give us the money and we northerners will get you 2 pints for a tenner...:biggrin:

'Dress attire' it's not that type of party!!:ohmy:

Soltydog any recommendations for the public ale houses?:biggrin:

Soltydog

Legendary Member
craigwend said:
Soltydog any recommendations for the public ale houses?:biggrin:

Depends what people want :wacko:
Rose & Crown is best for real ale :smile:
Victoria does real ale & food (prob about £7 upwards for a meal)
Marine, on the seafront (so offers nicest views) does cheaper food (something like two meals for £7 or £8)

Hornsea isn't as bad as it used to be, you can now get Ciabatta although i think it's a special order :wacko:

Arch

Married to Night Train
Well, I'll be in CC jersey!

I have to say, cheap grub sounds good - I'm on a bit of a budget! Well, a lot of one! Also good beer appeals.... Guess it might be a case of wherever can accomodate us...

theloafer

Legendary Member
not been out on my bike for agessssssssss..poss this may get me started again.also would be getting there by van so could poss pick up arch on the way past york save her the trouble with trains

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
Discussing the meet up with Mrs Craigwend she reminded me of stranger danger!!!!

Looking at some user names this has heightened my awareness

Arch (criminal)

Soltydog (the pirate)

Velo (raptor) cidad.

The loafer…

Gezza (the dyslexic gazza)

And …the Admin(istrator)

So let’s follow the golden rules;

• Unless you already know the person offline, always assume the person you are dealing with on the Internet is not who they claim to be and conduct yourself accordingly.
• Never give out personal information like last name, addresses, phone numbers, school names or where you work online.
• Never post provocative pictures of yourself or anybody else.
• If an online friend starts getting intimate with you or asks you sexually suggestive questions back off and ignore them in the future. If they persist, tell a parent or other trusted real world adult and report them to the site administrator.
• Never arrange to meet an Internet friend alone. If you must meet them do so in a very public and neutral place (like a mall food fair), bring along a few friends and TELL AN ADULT. (Ideally this adult will also go with you even if they hang back and don’t actually appear to be with you.)
• Once you’ve met an online friend never go anywhere private with them until you know them better, as well as you would expect to know a school friend before being alone, and have been out in public with them just about as often as you have your offline friends.
• Never arrange to travel great distances alone to see an online friend, even if you’ve already met face-to-face.
• Always tell your parents (or another trusted adult, like a teacher, aunt or uncle, social worker, or guardian) what you are up to, where you will be and when you will be back and don’t deviate from your plans without clearing it with them first.
• Never ask another person to lie for you so you can meet an online friend. If your meeting has to start with a lie it can’t possibly be good.

craigwend said:

Arch (criminal)

Soltydog (the pirate)

Velo (raptor) cidad.

The loafer…

Gezza (the dyslexic gazza)

And …the Admin(istrator)

cant vouch for the other people but Craig,rest assured, i am no drunk ,i dont come from Newcastle & i couldnt afford to go into the Priory Clinic and i Sertainly aint Cydlexic:biggrin:

Soltydog

Legendary Member
craigwend said:
Discussing the meet up with Mrs Craigwend she reminded me of stranger danger!!!!

Soltydog (the pirate)

:reading:
What about Craigwend ??? (Craig on weekdays, Wend on weekends :smile:) LOL

I'll make sure my eye patch is well hidden for the weekend :welcome:

theloafer

Legendary Member
ok me will be there sat getting there in the van ..where would surgest the best place to park and what time ...so the wheels are still on when i get back...soltydog...

Soltydog

Legendary Member
Not sure of the best place to park in the town centre. I always use the works car park when in Hull cause it's free :sun:
Maybe you can meet up with Gezza at his hotel & leave the van there :rofl: Unless anyone from Hull has the know on car parking ?

Regarding the weather, wait until nearer the weekend before looking it will be more acurate, but probably still wrong ;-)

Top Bottom