The "How Much?" / "Having a Giraffe!" Café thread...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chris S

Legendary Member
We have couple as friends and the two of them visit the Caribbean for the whole month of December every year without fail. Hotel costs in excess of £120 000 and air fares around £30 000. Doesn't include airport parking fees, travel to airport (luxury chauffer jobbie), overnight accommodation at airport and all the other bits and pieces that go with holidays.

Not even all-inclusive. Scotch on the Rocks and a glass of Bolly @ £130 a round.

Good luck to them too, if we were that loaded we might do the same - who knows.

We think of it as wealth redistribution in action. ^_^

Robbing the rich to give to the middle-classes.

Gunk

Guru
Believe it or not, I was being frugal -

View attachment 688453

That’s cheap compared with Oxford

Chris S

Legendary Member
£1050 for what's left of an Austin Mini
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1416491429200426

mini.jpg

davidphilips

Veteran

The only bit of the car that looks good and may be of some value is the number plates if they could be transferred but not worth any where near the asking price,only my view but perhaps the car is beside his bins for a reason.

Alex321

Veteran
Anybody want to buy a new BMX helmet? Complete with designer scratches.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/126047434738

View attachment 702585

Though in the description, he does say - " ***Not New*** listing would not allow me to change."

I have to say, I would never buy a 2nd hand helmet. All manufacturers recommend replacing a helmet if you have dinged it, because you don't know what internal damage there may be, and with 2nd hand, you really don't even know if it has been dinged.

vickster

Legendary Member
Farm Foods frozen ready meals (Bisto and other recognised makes) 5 meals for £7.69. Excellent value imo.

Possibly posted in the wrong thread? :scratch:
However, on a side note, hopefully they're all vegetarian, otherwise I'd have concerns about the quality/provenance of the meat or fish at that price (even if there's barely any!)

Top Bottom