The Imperial Century A Month Challenge Chatzone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Soltydog

Legendary Member
I'm free 18th & 19th of this month, so that's favourite depending on weather & 26th I'm doing a 86mile sportive, so can always tag 14 miles on that :okay:

sittingbull

Veteran
What can I say other than: Ouch! I hope things will be better next ride.:thumbsup:
Thanks Phil, a friend called around earlier and commented on my :B). I hadn't realised, but it's going that way and is a bit closed. Ribs and hip sore too.

Only 4 days into the month, thankfully.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
100.02 miles, kind of by accident!

I hope your gps is very accurate ^_^

Planned for a hilly ton with a mate; it was a great route he'd improvised and we had a great cafe stop. First thing in the morning I felt like something in my calf wasn't right and didn't think I'd do much but the hills for some reason seemed to warm things up and it settled down, unfortunately he started to feel something so I pulled him home. That was at 90miles and an average of 17.5mph. I had planned to go to my flat and get a light, jacket and more supplies as I wanted to make it a decent warm up to LBL. But that would mean going back into the city via the busy A47 or through a busy park and he invited me in for a coffee, so I decided it was more prudent to go north to make it at least a ton before the light faded. That was at 90miles and an average of 17.5mph. I was making good progress, so I then decided to make it a 200km and the average was still good 17.4mph. I decided light would have been gone if I went much further so I doubled back via a parallel route. I decided though I had just enough light to go up the local hill climb only problem, rather than than trying to navigate around a local town with fading light, I decided it was better to go through it. It was traffic jams all over and totally killed the average, down to 17.1mph after I was through and with the hill climb it was down to 17mph. However, I then had the crazy idea that the best way to warm up for LBL is to do the same distance and with my bright rear light I be ok lightwise. I was right but at 160ish miles I started to fade and the average dropped dramatically, so the last 15 or so miles were a slog and close to not enough light (perfect for me to see but just on lighting up time). So I took the emergency gel I've carried for about 6 months and 176miles completed I was back with 7867ft of climbing (half of LBL :headshake:).

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Got mine in as well. Forecast winds down here were supposed to be the lightest of the weekend....didn't feel like it (if that was 4 mph....). As it was easterly (sort of) I made for Brighton, and it was a real slog, nearly 4 1/2 hours (11.5 mph average), and that's on my 'easy 100 miler'...Pace picked up a bit on the way back with the aid of the (sort of) tailwind (well, at least until the fatigue kicked in), 4 hours somewhat better than the outward leg but still nowhere near my best time for that stretch. Never mind, put that one to bed for this month.

Top Bottom