The queen's Platinum Anniversary 👑

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
The Platinum Anniversary 👑

Anyone doing anything special / different to celebrate 70 years of Her Majesty ascending the throne?
As a baby, I was at her coronation but don't actually remember it!

I might walk the dog over to listen to this.

DSC_0903.JPG

🎶 🎺 🎶

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
We have been invited to attend a street party in a local village by my parents so will see.
Had intended on going away for a long weekend but not sure now. ^_^

Slick

Guru
Invited to a street party that I can't make as family are getting together at the old ancestral seat of power. Shame really as there are still a number of near neighbours that I haven't met yet.

Looking forward to raising a glass to her though.

It’s a quality weekend for me:

Off to the see The Killers on Wednesday night and then we are having afternoon tea on our green with all the neighbours on the Friday. On the Sunday our local neighbourhood watch is throwing a fayre on the green with a tombola etc so that will be fun too.

Enjoying the time off, not going away but certainly few rides locally plannned.

Theres lots of street closures near me for parties, don't know if there's anything official planned nearby though.

vickster

Legendary Member
Might go to jubilee concert at Royal Festival Hall, otherwise crash a street party, ride a bit.
Recover from 2 days back at work post holiday :laugh:

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Thursday will see me acknowledge the UK's history and the Empire with a trip to Cambridge to see Bombay Bicycle Club at the Junction

Friday will see me indulging in the great British past time of shopping.

Saturday I will be celebrating British engineering & manufacturing at Brands Hatch with the Classic Sports Car Club race meeting.

Sunday will see me in Nottingham to mark the UK's involvement with the Commonwealth at Rock City with Amyl & the Sniffers - an Australian punk band 😁

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Nothing here; SWMBO is off to N. Ireland / ROI to visit her in-laws. The won't be doing anything as they live in "occupied territory" apparently.

I'm the only 'British' family member and am not bothered. Well done Queenie, but won't be attending anything.

Top Bottom