The queen's Platinum Anniversary 👑

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Not into celebrating the service of privileged people. I don't think she should have been put in the position of "serving" for 70 years personally so it's unlikely I'll celebrate something I don't think is right. She's 90 odd years old and people expect her to still be working! What kind of inhumane system is this constitutional monarchy thing!?!

Nation makes 90 year old grandma remain at work until her death no matter how infirm she's become. Imagine if Lizzie Windsor was a cleaner not a royal, cleaning the loos at the Kings head in town! I'm not celebrating that nor the queen's bandage to get job for 70 years.

Seriously, that's nothing on that I like the look of so I'll be getting on with my life. Possibly away to the nearby lakes, a bit of DIY and a few other things. Basically trying to make the most of my enforced holiday dates. Oh and probably thinking of my gran who was born something like 6 weeks after the Queen but physically worked hard for nearly 60 years before they forced retirement on her at 70 yo . She died at 92 but fought hard against the dying of the light!

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Gravel ride and curry lunch on the Thursday, a neighbour is trying to over complicate a street party for friday - seriously what is wrong with self catering and gathering outside for an hour or two, we don't need them to cook us a "value" burger from Iceland at 3pm for £10 a head ?!?!?

Posh Dinner & dance at Ashridge House on Saturday evening,

Outlaws round on Sunday

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
Nothing planned, might depend on the weather. My partner is a Royalist so I expect will want to join in with something, whether it's a street party or something going on in a local park

Attachments

• 20220519_202743.jpg
    20220519_202743.jpg
    255.5 KB · Views: 4

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
No idea yet. There are celebrations in two local villages on consecutive days (Thursday/Friday), then something in the Town centre Saturday, but also a concert on the High Street near our Caravan. All depends - may just go to the van on Wednesday and stay there all weekend.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
Unfortunately it is the mother-in-law's 75 birthday, we are hosting 15 people for a couple of days. I say unfortunately as I don't want the neighbours thinking that we are celebrating the work anniversary of Lizzie, they might get the wrong idea.

Not into celebrating the service of privileged people. I don't think she should have been put in the position of "serving" for 70 years personally so it's unlikely I'll celebrate something I don't think is right. She's 90 odd years old and people expect her to still be working! What kind of inhumane system is this constitutional monarchy thing!?!

Nation makes 90 year old grandma remain at work until her death no matter how infirm she's become. Imagine if Lizzie Windsor was a cleaner not a royal, cleaning the loos at the Kings head in town! I'm not celebrating that nor the queen's bondage to get job for 70 years.

If it means we get to avoid Charles & Camilla for longer I hope she stays in post until she drops.

The King of Bahrain, Hamad bin Isa Al-Khalifa, has amended his title from "His Majesty" to "His Greatest Majesty".

I think we can trump that...

Top Bottom