The queen's Platinum Anniversary 👑

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Petrichorwheels

It doesn't bother me, if I need to go out, I'll walk or ride, or leave the car somewhere & go back for it later, but as it's a very diverse estate there will be some not as fortunate who cannot walk or ride & may know nothing about it. I wouldn't unless my wife had told me she's seen the post on FB. there's no official road closures etc. Maybe I'm wrong & they'll let people drive through their gardens whilst they are sat in the road :laugh::laugh:

i assume emergency vehicles will be let through if needed.
I'd relax and see it as people power

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
My home town's coronation celebrations, filmed by a local baker/confectioner at the time...if I remember rightly.🤔

The building where the ballroom dancing was held became a public swimming baths in 1967. It's shown from outside at the end of the film and here it is today.

1654091063132.png

Last edited:

Petrichorwheels

My home town's coronation celebrations, filmed by a local baker/confectioner at the time...if I remember rightly.🤔

rum times in harwood - not sure wot's happening on those trucks at about 20 mins or just after in. One looks like they are about to burn some woman dressed in white - Joan of arc? - a well-dressed witch? - i trust Harwood will be more peaceful this weekend.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
rum times in harwood - not sure wot's happening on those trucks at about 20 mins or just after in. One looks like they are about to burn some woman dressed in white - Joan of arc? - a well-dressed witch? - i trust Harwood will be more peaceful this weekend.

Yes, it looks like Joan Of Arc.:smile: That road where the procession came up is where I lived with the former Mrs Accy for 26 years. Notice the stone walls, darkened by years of coal burning fires.

Edit...Happy days, not a 'hoodie' or a 'trackie' in sight, apart from the physical exercise, boxing etc bit.🧐

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
Some of the streets here, have been ordered to take their bunting down until later today. This is to allow the bin lorries access

I'll just be watching some of the stuff on TV. I've been rather pawly this past week, so mostly doing a stayputnik.

And I have an excuse to get out of the street party organized for this Drove on Sunday. Mainly because I'm still coughing for England. In any case, the forecast for Sunday is crap, so it'll probably be cancelled.

I hate having to make excruciating small talk with people I barely know.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Talking to a self proclaimed 'Marxist/anti royalist' woman today, she said that the Queen died years ago and the one ('object' in her words) we now see is a clone. She also said that earth is flat and controlled by satanic lizards who live underground in the North Pole......or was it Greenland? 🤔

Last edited:
Colleague of public school background, country cricket set environment, turned up collar, etc but a nice guy has invited the lot of us to a pub to host the occasion. Will certainly raise a glass to the grand dame for all her dedication to public and to many causes and many horses.

Top Bottom