The queen's Platinum Anniversary đź‘‘

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chromatic

Legendary Member
The King of Bahrain, Hamad bin Isa Al-Khalifa, has amended his title from "His Majesty" to "His Greatest Majesty".

I think we can trump that...

He's an amateur, he has nothing on Idi Amin.

From Idi's wiki page.

His full self-bestowed title ultimately became: "His Excellency, President for Life, Field Marshal Al Hadji Doctor Idi Amin Dada, VC, DSO, MC, CBE, Lord of All the Beasts of the Earth and Fishes of the Seas and Conqueror of the British Empire in Africa in General and Uganda in Particular"

Last edited:
He's an amateur, he has nothing on Idi Amin.

From Idi's wiki page.

His full self-bestowed title ultimately became: "His Excellency, President for Life, Field Marshal Al Hadji Doctor Idi Amin Dada, VC, DSO, MC, CBE, Lord of All the Beasts of the Earth and Fishes of the Seas and Conqueror of the British Empire in Africa in General and Uganda in Particular"

I know a goldfish who might disagree with that honourific, if he could remember it all.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
My SIL's bunting 'ran' in the rain - all the red bled out of her home made bunting (from fabric). :whistle::laugh:

Our plans are chil out at our caravan now, not bothering with the local street parties.

D

Deleted member 26715

I wonder how many arrests of drivers there will be tomorrow when they get upset they can't park outside their house or drive down a street because of a party illegally blocking the road.

vickster

Legendary Member
I wonder how many arrests of drivers there will be tomorrow when they get upset they can't park outside their house or drive down a street because of a party illegally blocking the road.

Aren't most street parties on Sunday?

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!

Village ones seem to be on different days. Our local villages are Thursday and Friday. The Friday one is blocking off the main road in the village - already people moaning about it. SIL wondering how she'll get to work, I did suggest she went 'the other way', all be it a 2 minute diversion via the next village.

vickster

Legendary Member
Village ones seem to be on different days. Our local villages are Thursday and Friday. The Friday one is blocking off the main road in the village - already people moaning about it. SIL wondering how she'll get to work, I did suggest she went 'the other way', all be it a 2 minute diversion via the next village.

Got to love a nimby :laugh:

D

Deleted member 26715

I don't know, I know on our estate there are 2 parties one at each end of the estate about 1/2 mile apart are being blocked from 2pm until 6pm tomorrow that's about 400 households that are being held to ransom whether they want to be involved or not.

vickster

Legendary Member
I don't know, I know on our estate there are 2 parties one at each end of the estate about 1/2 mile apart are being blocked from 2pm until 6pm tomorrow that's about 400 households that are being held to ransom whether they want to be involved or not.

Can't you walk/cycle out? Or go out earlier?
It's once every 70 years for 4 hours...hardly a great imposition :okay:

Last edited:

Petrichorwheels

May wander to the local park on sunday as a local silver band is playing. May do a bike wander seeing what's afoot if there are any streetparties. Republican here but nowt against the queen personally and hope she and all have a good time.
I do remember going on a (good humoured) organised bike ride on the day of one of the Royal Weddings - Williams? Streets were deserted - clear most folk were inside watching it on the box. I well remember commenting that we weren't going to become a republic any time soon.
Enjoy the weekend folks, allow folks their pleasure.

Petrichorwheels

wot price of freedom is the fascist regime imposing on you to get out and about?

D

Deleted member 26715

Can't you walk/cycle out? Or go out earlier?
It's once every 70 years...hardly a great imposition :okay:

It doesn't bother me, if I need to go out, I'll walk or ride, or leave the car somewhere & go back for it later, but as it's a very diverse estate there will be some not as fortunate who cannot walk or ride & may know nothing about it. I wouldn't unless my wife had told me she's seen the post on FB. there's no official road closures etc. Maybe I'm wrong & they'll let people drive through their gardens whilst they are sat in the road :laugh::laugh:

Top Bottom