The realisation you're getting old

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
The housing association I rent from grit around the sheltered housing building next to where I park my car, but don't grit around the flats I'm in, including the path I take from my flat to my car and back. As I post I'm worrying how to get to my car later today without slipping and doing myself a serious injury. This worry is made worse as it's been posted on a local 'social media' page that a local house build developers road sweeper wagon has been spraying water on the roads round here, as they have to due to certain regulations, causing the water to freeze and make things worse. :headshake:

Chris S

Legendary Member
clash.jpg

Chris S

Legendary Member
That reminds me, I was thinking that in the late eighties Mrs DRM worked in a care home, the sing a long’s were of course WW2 era songs, it won’t be long, if not already that the sing a long’s will be the Sex Pistols, The Clash, etc :eek:

It will be more likely to be Boney M and Black Lace.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
On the subject of care home music/entertainment, my late mum's care home when I visited her always had the Mama Mia musical CD playing on the telly. When it finished it simply played again and again and again...:tired: One day I heard an old bloke shout out "can someone turn this f..k..g shite off now ffs"!!!:laugh: The staff didn't turn it off, they just wheeled him out of the tv/day room saying "No one else has complained about it". That'd be because they were all too scared to complain, not because they all loved Mama Mia!! :rolleyes:

lazybloke

Considering a new username
On the subject of care home music/entertainment, my late mum's care home when I visited her always had the Mama Mia musical CD playing on the telly. When it finished it simply played again and again and again...:tired: One day I heard an old bloke shout out "can someone turn this f..k..g shite off now ffs"!!!:laugh: The staff didn't turn it off, they just wheeled him out of the tv/day room saying "No one else has complained about it". That'd be because they were all too scared to complain, not because they all loved Mama Mia!! :rolleyes:

Pierce Brosnan's singing was the final straw?

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
How's this for rudeness. Talking to a woman yesterday who said she hadn't seen me for months. She then added that she thought I might be dead! :ohmy: Why say that I ask. Why not just leave it at I haven't seen you for months. I could understand if she was a fair bit younger than me, but she's an old biddy, well into her 80's! 🧐

Last edited:

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Pierce Brosnan's singing was the final straw?
I think he'd had enough after enduring it for what must've been many months if not years. I had a similar problem back in the early 80's when working behind the bar of my local pub. The daily bar flies kept putting this on the jukebox.

I didn't like it on first hearing it, but after hearing it about 300 times due to that jukebox, not helped by me saying it was shoot, so they'd put it on even more to annoy me, I'd had enough and decided when alone in the pub to open the jukebox and scratch the record so it'd be ejected when the bar flies tried to play it. It was a successful move at first as I had a few days off, but sadly the landlord phoned the jukebox company after the bar flies kept going on about their 'loss' and they appeared the following day with a replacement record.:ninja:

Last edited:

lazybloke

Considering a new username
I think he'd had enough after enduring it for what must've been many months if not years. I had a similar problem back in the early 80's when working behind the bar of my local pub. The daily bar flies kept putting this on the jukebox.

I didn't like it on first hearing it, but after hearing it about 300 times due to that jukebox, not helped by me saying it was shoot, so they'd put it on even more to annoy me, I'd had enough and decided when alone in the pub to open the jukebox and scratch the record so it'd be ejected when the bar flies tried to play it. It was a successful move at first as I had a few days off, but sadly the landlord phoned the jukebox company after the bar flies kept going on about their 'loss' and they appeared the following day with a replacement record.:ninja:

Audio cheese. You love it.

Top Bottom