The realisation you're getting old

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Punkawallah

Über Member
What are they going to do?
Fire me?

Well, they can only do it the once, so they’d better do a good job of it.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
I remember when we got our phone installed in the mid 70s. My mum made me run to the nearest payphone with 2p so she could hear it ring. We'd waited 3 months for it to be installed and it came in a beige brown, not the avocado green she'd ordered.

ETA - a few years later we upgraded to a trimphone. Looked great but we had to sit it on a tin tray so we could hear it.

Mentioned this to my mum last night. I didn't know that we re-decorated the lobby to match the new phone.

Chris S

Legendary Member
ashtray.jpg

ren531

Über Member
Bought a wee tripod camping stool for when I'm out with the TCV so I can avoid getting a wet behind during tea breaks. Sitmats are provided, but they're invariably pretty grubby and maybe my higher seating gives me an air of authority - ? :rofl:
TCV , Trust for conservation volunteers?

ren531

Über Member
Correct - !
Branches all over the country doing good works for environment and community. :okay:

Excellent stuff, I'm a member of a small local independent conservation group affiliated to TCV myself and probably like me you get more out of this than can be put into words whilst having a strong connection to nature and helping wildlife too . Great to know others on here also enjoy conservation volunteering .

Tenkaykev

Guru
Excellent stuff, I'm a member of a small local independent conservation group affiliated to TCV myself and probably like me you get more out of this than can be put into words whilst having a strong connection to nature and helping wildlife too . Great to know others on here also enjoy conservation volunteering .
Due to her wildlife volunteering one of my volunteer friends got to fly in a Helicopter last year. Unfortunately it was the Air Ambulance helicopter as she had a severe reaction to the Adder bite she received whilst on a herpetological survey over the local heathland.

ren531

Über Member
Due to her wildlife volunteering one of my volunteer friends got to fly in a Helicopter last year. Unfortunately it was the Air Ambulance helicopter as she had a severe reaction to the Adder bite she received whilst on a herpetological survey over the local heathland.

Wow that's quite a volunteering tale to tell, more exciting than any of mine, hope she was ok .

Top Bottom