The Signings and Transfers Thread 2015

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dragon72

Guru
I'm still waiting for Fernando Alonso to start up his team of Galácticos. I got really excited about that when those rumours were circulating a couple of years ago. But I have a hunch that's well and truly on the back burner, if not already in the bin.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Sorry, I've taken my eye off the ball a bit here. Are MTN-Qhubeka / Dimension Data / HTC Highroad Old Boys Club still a Continental (or whatever the term is - need a wildcard for Grand Tours) level team? Or have they transformed into World Tour while I wasn't looking?

Hont

Guru
Sorry, I've taken my eye off the ball a bit here. Are MTN-Qhubeka / Dimension Data / HTC Highroad Old Boys Club still a Continental (or whatever the term is - need a wildcard for Grand Tours) level team? Or have they transformed into World Tour while I wasn't looking?
Currently Continental but the WT teams can change each year. They're clearly hoping for a step up...

http://velonews.competitor.com/2015/09/news/dimension-data-pushing-for-worldtour-license_386847

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Currently Pro-Continental (higher than Continental, lower than World). World licence applications close some time in October and are announced November/December and http://velonews.competitor.com/2015/09/news/dimension-data-pushing-for-worldtour-license_386847 speculates they're going to apply for a World licence application. (crosspost with @Hont)

OP
OP
Flying_Monkey

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
I don't think Cav & Co. would have signed if they were not going to apply for a WT licence. And even without him, they'd still deserve one on this season's performances.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I don't think Cav & Co. would have signed if they were not going to apply for a WT licence. And even without him, they'd still deserve one on this season's performances.
Again ... I've not been paying attention properly, but isn't Cav going to try to qualify for the Omnium at the 'lympics next year. So he's hardly going to be omnipresent on the road. Or have I got all that wrong again?

Reactions: mjr

Hont

Guru
Again ... I've not been paying attention properly, but isn't Cav going to try to qualify for the Omnium at the 'lympics next year. So he's hardly going to be omnipresent on the road. Or have I got all that wrong again?
You're bang on. Only problem is that there is only one place available for the Omnium so there's no guarantee that Cav will go to Rio and I can't see him putting all of his eggs in one basket, given that the basket only has room for one egg.

Top Bottom