The Transcontinental Race 2013

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Hang on a ttick, I cannot keep up! Broken a tile? So ffit new ones.
I can't help thinking that some of these atrocious puns are going over your head...;)

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
She sounds like a remarkable character. I read her blog yesterday.
Buhring was born into the mystic Family of Love sect!!!

You should have come to her talk at the Edinburgh Festival of Cycling in June :thumbsup:
It was absolutely fascinating (and highly entertaining!):biggrin:.
As she says, there is unfortunately very little interest in women cyclists (or other adventurers) - there were quite a few spare seats to be had :scratch::headshake:
But those who came along were in for a real treat! Her round the world cycling book is due to be published in November, as far as I know :wahhey:

T

Rimas, England are 58-3 in the second innings.
You think you are enduring a hot Sunday?
:rolleyes:

EW has done a good one, and BW is doing an Italian job too. Mikko and Anton are racing down the back of the leg to ankle territory, with c 40kms in it...Mikko leading, but Anton is in the hunt.

Rimas is slicing through the valley, nearing Cornereva - the subject of the earlier panorama - while KP is making steady progress to Tiffin bella Kévin. :smile:
Still got my fingers crossed for my post #246 to materialise. :whistle:
Rimas, don't take any notice of me - thousands don't.
Go Rimas!

Edit: Just seen this from the RaceTweet - 15 minutes ago:

Keep up! ^_^

Matt Wilkins is putting the hammer down now. 'MW Hammer' - close, but no cigar.
MW hammer.JPG

And Manchester United have won the first round of the Juliana Buhring '2S*' Trophy - defeating Wigan 2 tantrums to Nil. (Roll on the soccer season**...one can't wait. United would win the trophy easily if they made goalposts out of fine china clay. Man Utd's manager, Moyes could point Persie at the porcelain and the rest would be history...)

* Society's Superficiality
**Crystal Palace excepted for Adrian - and Norwich for Walnutmeister, oh Chelsea too for my Blue Man friend, Ian. Really - it's August - get back to the nightclubs, we're playing cricket.

Rimas is making good progress through the Romanian outfield - Go Rimas! :smile:

2 hours later and Matt Wilkins is still kicking on at 34Kph...and Richard has nearly Dunnat. I fancy he might wait until tomorrow...perhaps. Do you think the riders are informed when someone 'wins' 'comes second' etc - or is it only 'social media' connections + the odd 'phone call etc that indicates a position within the field?

And Rimas is just hanging a left, heading toward 'that bridge' :whistle:

Only Brian has come over all Italian, while the rest, looking as though they were having a knees up in Slovenia, have now dispersed across Croatia, a cultural hive of UNESCO recognised music.
Learn something new here:

Rimas boogied on down up to avoid the vibe. Go go Rimas! :smile:

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Looks like Richard Dunnett is going to be 'in the hole' at about 11pm - 11-30pm. Hope Kristof has the cold ones ready for a fellow rider's arrival!
I think you have to add on 2 hrs for Istanbul but I'm guessing the bar will stay open for a monumental achievement.
What's the currency in Turkey? Kudos?
Just had a thought, maybe Rimas didn't have any currency for Serbia and someone had given him shedloads of forints and leu!

Ha ha! Kudosh if you're buying, Rich. Hmm not sure about the currency although Rimas would have gone to the leu once or twice, forintstance.
Fair point about the time difference. I hardly know what time of day it is anyway.
Go Rimas, go everyone, go me!

Top Bottom