The Transcontinental Race 2013

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

iLB

Hello there
You all failed to mention that the winner had lost his head...

758B1973-660x495.jpg

You all failed to mention that the winner had lost his head...

758B1973-660x495.jpg

No we didn't! We left it to some snotty-nosed yoof upstart with soon to be non-hairy legs. (Cough up all you lot who admire people prepared to rough it to Romania...:thumbsup:)
As for my learned P&L's observation above, Steven says Rimas has done more rubber and brake block. Quelle surprise! Distance is only a number to Rimas...and he can't count. I well remember a little ride to Harwich - and back with some of CycleChat's finest (and me). He just drilled into the headwind and 'drove the train', up down and along. At 32Kph+, for a gentle bimble back to London banlieue. Some people transcend the business of cycling...Rimas is ours and we're keeping him. He obviously let Kristof win as 'it's not the winning or losing that matters, it's the taking part that counts'. Traditional English sportsmanship at its best. Rimas puikus sportininkas. :smile:

Is Brian trying Bari to Durres? (with two dots, or an omelette on the 'e' ) - is he going to cruise in comfortably? He'll be trailing behind 'Fisherman' Eel Co. Weijmans on the way into Istantwentyfive (that's nearly Istanbul, but not quite).

OK. I think you must go to bed now, Rimas. Tomorrow will be a big day for you.
Friends, I will leave you with a Shakespearian mixture of 'Measure for Measure' and 'Romeo and Juliet'...in my mind!
"Istanbul, Istanbul, where for art thou Istanbul?"

Istanbul, Istanbul, where for art thou Istanbul-.jpg

The maps at 20:30 on Tuesday 13th August 2013 BST

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
He's positively stuffed Bulgaria - to 'bul, eh?

IF we are all agreed, then Rimas is going to GO TO EFFING BED...and then roll into Nirvana tomorrow morning (Are you hearing this, Rimas?) SO. Everyone get up early and post a 'GO RIMAS' / 'ALLEZ RIMAS' or even a 'Gerai padaryta Rimas' so that it will be memorable for him in the days to come. I can then delete this post, or get Ian a Mod to do it for me...Come on, when did you last cycle 3000kms and shimmy around a bit?
And, let's not forget the other competitors. :smile: The last is only the least fastest.

Top Bottom