The Transcontinental Race 2013

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
You're almost certainly right, Chris...my S.P. for this voyage has been way off the pace - anyway, what's 160 kms to Rimas? Only 100 miles in English...pah!
I'm getting so much wrong, I'm almost tempted to run for Parliament.
I just took a look ahead for a hypermarket in Yambol but couldn't see one. Grimas will find it, no doubt.

JJ just about to arrive.
Ahhh! Hang on a mo...it says he has 2389420000 millimetres to go. :smile: I resign.

JJ arrival.JPG

Let's spare a though for another one who has no choice but to Finnish, and that's Mikko - he's toiling away through Greece, with the number '99' featuring on the temperature guage - and it's not 'F for flake' either!
For our younger readers, this is what we old folk know of as a '99'
250px-99_ice_cream.jpg

Anyone's mouth watering for one of England's finest confections of additives known to Summer? Form an orderly queue...

Goo Rimas!

Curious but I think your's is correct!
I have sussed that the individual rider's map must be reloaded from the main map, rather than just refresh the location (which doesn't alter the stats at right). Doh! Anyway, Rimas, the fact remains that I watched and waited for you to sink in the Danube last evening and you just farking floated..for ages! ^_^ Now get on with it man, there must be a hypermarket somewhere!

Eat Rimas!

And while you're eating, spare a thought for the two competitors playing Intercontinental tag...our friends
Ms Buhring
Juliana_Buhring.jpg
and Mr Pusinelli:
Nicholas_Pusinelli.jpg

Latest (proper) stats I have for them is 554.02 kilometres to go for the other Mr P, and 567.05 for Ms B.
NP JB.JPG

Good. 'Oay to go' Rich. :thumbsup:

Nick Dodd and Ian Findlay - should I say backmarkers..? - are pedalling through (well, one of them is, the other is being sensible and snoozing) some very high temperatures on the Croatia / Serbia borders...Nick Dodd has 900kms to go, and it seems a big ask to get to the finish line on the fourtheenth day. Who knows?

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Good. 'Oay to go' Rich. :thumbsup:

Nick Dodd and Ian Findlay - should I say backmarkers..? - are pedalling through (well, one of them is, the other is being sensible and snoozing) some very high temperatures on the Croatia / Serbia borders...Nick Dodd has 900kms to go, and it seems a big ask to get to the finish line on the fourtheenth day. Who knows?
Who indeed - godspeed and all that stuff!
Have you noticed Brian Welsh is still active on the Italian job about 280km from the Bari ferry? Pedalo rapido, Brian or rapido pedalo if the ferry's already left.

Who indeed - godspeed and all that stuff!
Have you noticed Brian Welsh is still active on the Italian job about 280km from the Bari ferry? Pedalo rapido, Brian or rapido pedalo if the ferry's already left.
At least we can say that Brian is on his last legs the last 'leg' of his journey... What's the Italian for 'Another one please bartender?' - just in case the dannata barca è partito già. :cheers:

Rimas will be next in..if. It's all becoming a bit sleep critical now...an extra lie-in could cost the next place. 250kms Rimas plays 291kms Edward. Let's hope Rimas doesn't do anything silly, like 'sleepcycle' and wake up in Tvurdista or Elena for example. :stop:

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
Rimas will be next in..if. It's all becoming a bit sleep critical now...an extra lie-in could cost the next place. 250kms Rimas plays 291kms Edward. Let's hope Rimas doesn't do anything silly, like 'sleepcycle' and wake up in Tvurdista or Elena for example. :stop:

The distance-to-go seems to be as the crow flies, so with Rimas's signature zigzags across the map he could easily find himself doing more than Ed between now and the 'Stan.

The comparison is interesting. Both riders have the same average moving speed. Rimas has ridden about 300km further already, and has been on the road for 20 hours longer. His resting time is apparently about 2.5 hours in every 24. By the time he bowls into Istan he'll have gone 10% further than anyone else who's finished.

Top Bottom