The Transcontinental Race 2013

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Behind Rimas and Ed lie a trio of riders, Juliana Behring, Nick Pusinelli, - this thread's Celia Johnson and Trevor Howard
brief-encounter-movie-poster-1945-1010420905.jpg
- 483kms and 485kms to go, with Mikko the lolly licker just edging it with 446kms remaining. Mikko is asleep though (this is the hombre who doing the Transconrace as a 'warm down' from LEL remember...) while the other two are ticking over already. Nick holds the higher average speed and it might help him 'home' before the others. All should be in time for a meal in Istanbul's TGI Fridays, Friday. This is what they'll see:
20041014105223_friday-1.jpg

The third tier of progress is represented by Eelco Weijmans and Anton Hunt - at 707kms and 629kms from the line. Both have a similar moving average and both a presently on the roll, but Eelco - who did an early traverse of the Adrian Sea - was camped by a lake (which he'll have to skirt around) and looks to have a lumpy morning ahead. Both of them have temperatures in the mid 60F to contend with for now...A relaxed arrival, perhaps later on Friday rather than earlier, although "what. do. i. know." :rolleyes:
I haven't scouted the bunch following through behind the featured riders. Maybe I need another pot. Meanwhile here's Rimas posing in front of £ondon. 'Who ate all the pies?' :smile:
IMG_0047.jpg

rich p

ridiculous old lush
80k to go for Rimas without so much as a nap! No sleep for the last? hours - just relentless pedalling down Ataturk Avenue.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I'm off on my hols tomorrow without internet access so Rimas is doing the decent thing by getting the job done before I go. What a guy!
Briano Welsho, our Italian correspondent, is still 136km from Bari - I haven't the Foggia-st when the ferry leaves but he needs to get cracking! Go Brian.
(p.s. I am aware that Foggia is really pronounced Fodger:smile:)

80k to go for Rimas without so much as a nap! No sleep for the last? hours - just relentless pedalling down Ataturk Avenue.
Ataboy Avenue shurely?
Go Rimas! Do it for that old fodger who is off on his holidays, do it for us, and do it for you. 'Do Rimas!' :smile:
Ed seems to have taken a left before straightening up again, Juliana is steaming away from Nick - who looks to be struggling a bit, Eelco is working his way around that big puddle ready for some hillclimbing, and it is a lovely day in London. :smile:

Do you think Eelco's legs will turn to jelly?

frank9755

Cyclist
75km to go. Give him 5 hours, given tired legs, so should be there by evening. Keep going, Rimas!

^^ Rich, how should I pronounce Coggia?

Rimas will be next in..if. It's all becoming a bit sleep critical now...an extra lie-in could cost the next place. 250kms Rimas plays 291kms Edward. Let's hope Rimas doesn't do anything silly, like 'sleepcycle' and wake up in Tvurdista or Elena for example. :stop:
Yesterday, I idly speculated on Rimas 'sleepcycling' - well, he's heading for the finish line at the moment, phew!
But. These things do happen and right on cue, here's a good example. :ohmy:

Under 60kms for Rimas now...has Nick Pusinelli's transponder / GPS packed up? I think so. Eelco has had to do a wobbly around the lake but it looks like he's in the range now, plodding along, up and down. Briano still has a full 80kms to go before he 'hits the deck' and crosses the Adrianatic.

Go Rimas!

Under the 50 km marker....jpg

Marion Esfandiari@Pollyhound 3h
Rimas Grigenas-80km from finish of @transconrace must 'win' longest route having rode thru Hungary and Romania. His day started 72hrs ago...
Details
And this one...Ha ha! join the club.
bemme51@bemme51 4h
  1. @transconrace Do you know why Rimas went that much east and into Hungary/Romania?
    Collapse

11:20 PM - 13 Aug 13 · Details
  2. The Transcontinental@transconrace 3h
    @bemme51 I don't know, looking forward to asking him..
    Expand

rich p

ridiculous old lush
This race has shown that there's more than one way to skin a cat
Anton and Mikko even got the same ferry from Bari but are many miles apart. Teef's jellied eelman took what looks to be a fabulous, but time-consuming route round the lakes. What fun!
Ataboy Rimas!

Top Bottom