This Autumns' Manchester Velodromery 3/11/09 8-10PM

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
colly said:
It's most likely no good to you Spandex but I'll be driving over from Leeds with Bokonon.
I'm meeting him at about 5.45 and could swing by the station to collect you at around 6ish.
You would still get back late to York even if you hop a train from Leeds. Maybe even later.

That may help what time do you think you'll be getting beck to Leeds?

mknash

Let me just put in my excuses for my sure-to-be-crappy lap times........

I left my legs in my other trousers, Dog ate my cleats, Jesus hates me, I got a note from my mum............. ;)

okay, no excuses, but at least I will make everyone feel better (and have some fun)

Tharg2007

Veteran
yea, i have an excuse too:biggrin:, have eaten crap food all this week and last, also very tired through poor sleep also been on a lower pace on the commutes in (sh4rkys fault) ;)

colly

Re member eR
spandex said:
That may help what time do you think you'll be getting beck to Leeds?

It's about an hour from Manchester to Leeds, a bit less with light traffic so by the time we have finished and got changed etc I would guess we would be setting off back around 10.30
So around 11.30. Maybe earlier if we don't hang about getting changed etc.

trio25

Über Member
Whereas I'm thinking, must stay awake. For me it is very very late!

See you all later, I'm just cooking dinner - those who know me will realise how unusual this is! - so we can get out with loads of time!

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
trio25 said:
Whereas I'm thinking, must stay awake. For me it is very very late!

See you all later, I'm just cooking dinner - those who know me will realise how unusual this is! - so we can get out with loads of time!
So, your excuse might be "food poisoning"? :biggrin:;)

Seems everyone is coming out with the excuses already... mine is simply that I'm crap on a fixie.

It's the taking part that counts (so I keep telling myself!! :biggrin:)

See you all in a bit - really looking forward to this after a nice soaking on the way home... cycling in the dry... mmmmmm, lovely!! :sad:

trio25

Über Member
I don't need excuses I'm just rubbish at anything short and fast!

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Great night, chears again Dan_bo for organising. Pity about the stack at the end - hope you are feeling OK this morning 4F - you seemed to take the brunt of it.

Absolutely shattered this morning - slow ride into work (that said not eaten properly since lunch yesterday).

PS Before you all ask, no I did not wash the bike last night.....

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
fossyant said:
Great night, chears again Dan_bo for organising. Pity about the stack at the end - hope you are feeling OK this morning 4F - you seemed to take the brunt of it.

Absolutely shattered this morning - slow ride into work (that said not eaten properly since lunch yesterday).

PS Before you all ask, no I did not wash the bike last night.....

+1. nice to meet you all. i will be going out on the bike later. hopefully it won't be too bad. to my surprise i didn't come last and made it to the top of the banking which was quite thrilling. hopefully see you at the next one.

shaun

colly

Re member eR
qx1ahi.jpg

Thanks again Dan for organising. :thumbsup:
Good nights entertainment.

Hope you are not too bashed up this morning 4F, and the others that took a spill.

I took a load of pics.........................but they are, bar one, crap so I won't be posting them.
The only one thats even passable is this one, and that's rubbish.[/IMG]

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Aperitif said:
Come on! Need pics / stats and recitals of pain! :smile:

Mightily #issed off with the Looks fitted to my track bike, and those of Ali's..... 250m sprint, standing start, 3 unclips, 2 on my bike and one on Ali's (kindly lent to me)...nightmare.. 4th attempt had to start really slowly. Just no tension, Grrr....(thing is I ride Look Delta's on my road bikes...)... It's hard stopping a track bike with one leg......:thumbsup:

I also learnt how quickly you fall off...:wacko: after the stack on the first bend of the 2 x 10 man pursuit, our group went up high to avoid the guys on the track bottom, then slowed.... rounding the other banking (a little too slow) bang, out went my rear wheel and I was on the concrete at the bottom.... balls - instant hole burnt in arm of top and my skin.... out with the needle and thread tonight.....

Colly was funny - lying half dead in the riders D just before the pursuit - "no it's 10 on 10, not 10 on 11 - I'm not going out again"......:biggrin: - he did !

Top Bottom