Thursday Night Ride to the Coast - 17th April to Felpham

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Zee

Veteran
It seems that Ian and one other had stopped for a minor 10 second mechanical and when they looked up the rest of the team had disappeared, sweeping up the way markers on the way!!) Oooops!!

Ah I was wondering what happened. Lovely write up Mice. Roll on Brighton and the next installment.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Ah I was wondering what happened. Lovely write up Mice. Roll on Brighton and the next installment.

A case of blink.... and we were on our own...we got to a junction. left or straight on. Common sense told us straight on, but we chose the left option. 2 miles of frantic chasing down we guessed we had chosen wrong. So phone call to the boss to put us back on track. By that time the peleton were a good few miles ahead as the roads were very good for speedy cycling. It took us a fair while of hard and fast cycling (as seen by @hatler ) to finally catch up. All good fun though. The trio built up a bit of a sweat with the chase

saoirse50

Veteran
@CharlieB I wasn't the only one to remark on how you manage to make being really speedy look completely effortless - it was even more impressive knowing that you weren't feeling 100%. Whatever you're on, I wish I could have some.

@saoirse50 Isn't it weird how you can spend all night in someone's company and not get the chance to say hello. Sorry! :sad:
Do you know, TMN, I didn't even clock you were on the ride! Now, if we could get rid of all those people over 5'2" that come on these rides, we might stand a chance of finding each other in the crowd. Might be a small ride, though, in many senses of the word.
I did manage to bump into, chat and ride with cafewanda, though, which was lovely.

Wobblers

Euthermic
Six months is too long to have been away from the FNR. But I blame being struck down by a borked knee for the lengthy absence. But it was entirely fitting that my return to long distance cycling be on the FNRttC - and the ever wonderful Felpham edition at that. I think everything's already been said: @Trickedem, @Mice, @A Rider - fantastic photos. Well done @StuAff on your mile munching epic and an especially loud well done to mini-hatler - clearly a champion FNR-er in the making!

I'll just content myself with commenting about the efficacy of Dalwhinnie in smoothing things out: a swig even made @ianrauk almost affable! Though I have to confess it did pain me to see @User pour a 15 year old single malt into his latte at the Lobster Pot; there really wasn't any reason for that wanton cruelty.

I've missed you reprobates: six months is definitely Too Long. See you on the Brighton ride...

mmmmartin

Random geezer
Just a little whimsy from me:

many of the words are unashamedly stolen from Dell's piece on his homepage, and the rank amateur poor quality is because
A) this is the first time I've done this and
B) I really have no clue what I'm trying to achieve.
Thoughts?

Last edited:

mistral

Guru
Just a little wimsy from me:

many of the words are unashamedly stolen from Dell's piece on his homepage, and the rank amateur poor quality is because
A) this is the first time I've done this and
B) I really have no clue what I'm trying to achieve.
Thoughts?

I have a lovely warm feeling after watching this, thank you Martin

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Just a little wimsy from me:
Thoughts?
Loistavaa!

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
I've not got much to add - when things go that well I sort of switch off the record button and take in the sights - of which there were plenty. If I had to choose I'd recall going up the long hill toward Sutton marvelling at Young Joe's strength, riding straight for the moon with User10571, and taking the night air and watching the front light beams crest the hill outside Faygate. And breakfast was so fine that I quite forgot to tell off the chap sitting opposite......

U

User10571

I've not got much to add - when things go that well I sort of switch off the record button and take in the sights - of which there were plenty. If I had to choose I'd recall going up the long hill toward Sutton marvelling at Young Joe's strength, riding straight for the moon with User10571, and taking the night air and watching the front light beams crest the hill outside Faygate. And breakfast was so fine that I quite forgot to tell off the chap sitting opposite......
Class ride by Joe.
To be applauded.

Last edited by a moderator:

hatler

Guru
Little Miss hatler took delivery of an XS Specialized road bike yesterday*. She can't wait for the next run to Brighton that goes via Ditchling ! And in her perfect world, someone will get a puncture so that she can put to work her new-found puncture repair skills to fix it. She's ahead of Joe on that front.

* To say she was excited was an understatement. Pics to follow in the Your Kids on Bikes Pics thread as soon as I can get one of her on it.

Top Bottom