Tirreno-Adriatico *SPOILER*

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Everyone's other favourite early-season stage race is go! ;)

Same questions as usual: who's hot, who's not? who do you want to win? who will win?

British interest with Gerraint Thomas (Barloworld), Roger Hammand and Dan Lloyd (Cervelo), and of course, Cav.

The sprints are going to be fascinating. We have an amazing line up of sprinters and fast-finishers and Cav is going to have to show that he can beat Ciolek, Boonen, Hushovd and Petacchi and a whole host of other good sprinters like Julian Dean. Milram, Quick Step and LPR all have strong lead-out set-ups, so we will see if Columbia can dominate in a major European race... it will be insane in the bunch sprints, I can bet.

For the overall I am thinking Basso or Ballan. I am wondering how Simoni and Rebellin are looking too. And I am still tipping Boasson Hagen for something big this season...

OP
OP
Flying_Monkey

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
So I guess no-one is following this after all...

I should mention Charly Wegelius and Steve Cummings are also riding it.

Bit of a surprise today in Stage One: one Julien El Fares (Cofidis) with a cheeky breakaway win.

Tomorrow looks like it could come down to a Petacchi vs. Cav showdown...

carlwyckman

I as swedish think that Thomas Lovkvist could be a man for the total, at least top 5, he looked really strong today going easilly as third to sixth for a long time.

Have to agree about cavendish, when he gets the opportunity he will win, he´s so fast!

Noodley

carlwyckman said:
I as swedish think that Thomas Lovkvist could be a man for the total, at least top 5, he looked really strong today going easilly as third to sixth for a long time.

Have to agree about cavendish, when he gets the opportunity he will win, he´s so fast!

Lovkvist has been looking strong so far. Hope he continues it.

carlwyckman

Yeah, I think he will, he´s last season was a step forward, and I´m quite sure this one will be even better. He started it with a good placement in ToC, nice to beat Lance too!

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Keith Oates said:
Boonen and co. were at the front yesterday, although didn't catch the break, but Cavendish was over 7 mins back, I hope this is not a bad omen

Cav had mechanical and had to work hard to get back in touch with the bunch.

carlwyckman

I´m not worried about Cavendish he´ll the chance when it comes. What i´m worried about is that nobody will have the power to challange him

Keith Oates

Janner
Petacchi gets the win and shows he's got some form back into his legs. Cavendish way back at over 2 mins down,I hope this is only because he's using this for a training run!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I don't know if he had a problem but a lot of the other sprinters stayed with it when Rebellin and co upped the pace,

Top Bottom