Tirreno-Adriatico *SPOILER*

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Flying_Monkey

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
rich p said:
I don't know if he had a problem but a lot of the other sprinters stayed with it when Rebellin and co upped the pace,

Actually, he was in good company - many others including Hushovd and Boonen were in the same group. The Italians all got back. Local knowledge?

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I watched the last 10k of yesterdays online with Italian commentary and was desperately trying to spot Cav in the lead bunch. It was a fierce pace up the last hill led by Rebellin. I'm surprised Petacchi and Bennati could have stuck with it but, as you say, local knowledge may have helped. It's always good to be prepared.

Keith Oates

Janner
A good performance by Farrar but no doubt disappointment for Cavendish but in some ways it may also be good for him to know that he is not invincible in the sprints!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

roadiewill

I think he went too early, Cav is only good over short distances - it can only be a good thing though as it'll keep him on top of his game as he knows he can be beaten now!

that wall looked brutal on todays stage!!!

Keith Oates

Janner
Another Spanish win in this race as well as Paris Nice, they are the nation 'in charge' at the moment. It does seem to be a good race and to see he names in the top 5 shows the class of the field:

1 Joaquím Rodríguez
2 Davide Rebellin
3 Thomas Lövkvist
4 Danilo Di Luca
5 Stefano Garzelli

Looks as if the Giro will be very interesting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

carlwyckman

Lövkvist has a perfect opportunity on todays TT! Do you think he takes the jersey? Think it would be really great for him anyway! And I think it´s pssible for him!

Skip Madness

carlwyckman said:
Lövkvist has a perfect opportunity on todays TT! Do you think he takes the jersey?
I would like to see it happen, but I think a lot depends on the form of Nibali and Klöden in the time-trial. It will not be easy for Lövkvist.

carlwyckman

Skip Madness said:
I would like to see it happen, but I think a lot depends on the form of Nibali and Klöden in the time-trial. It will not be easy for Lövkvist.

Yeah you could be right but I think Lövkvist can take it if he has good day.

Do you guys think someone can do something for the total on the next stage, in the mountain?

Keith Oates

Janner
Good performance by Kloden and him and Lövkvist will be trying to get the better of each other in todays stage. Basso is quietly building up his form, could bode well for his chances in the Giro!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

carlwyckman

I really hope that Lövkvist has the strenght to take the six seconds that he´s after Klöden on todays stage.

I´m sorry to say but I find it hard to trust Ivan Basso and everyone that have been in contact with that kind of substances..

Keith Oates

Janner
Today (Monday stage 6) was a tough one with Michele Scarponi leading home Stefano Garzelli and Ivan Basso. As I mentioned yesterday Basso seems to be building up his form for the big races that are due to follow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom