Tits!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

buggi

Bird Saviour
No not mine, the blue kind that sit in the road!

i was coming off a long ride today and suddenly realised i was bearing down on a little Blue Tit sitting on the tarmac! OMG :biggrin:

i hardly saw it in time, i missed it with my front tyre by about 1cm!!! and then i cringed as my back tyre must have passed it in a hair's width. :sad:

i slammed my anchors on, jumped off my bike, chucked my bike on the verge, ran back up the road PRAYING that a car wasn't gonna come and squish it (it was sitting just in the right place for a tyre to go straight over it).

i thought it would try and flutter away, it was little fledgling, obviously just out of the nest, but it just sat there and let me pick him up! :biggrin::wub::sad:

it was so cute, and really delicate, so i walked into the bushes on the verge and he fluttered out of my hand onto a tree branch. then i stroked him a bit and he fluttered off deeper into the verge. Awww :blush:

was kicking myself that i was unable to take a photo of it. if i had gone to get my phone he would have fluttered off anyway, but now i wish i'd carried him back to my bike, got my phone and took a photo before i let him go.

Wow.. you don't get that in the gym. God i love my bike!

That is so sweet

OP
OP
buggi

buggi

Bird Saviour
i nearly had a heart attack when i saw how closely i missed him. i don't know how my back tyre didn't go straight over him.

longers

Legendary Member
I had a close call down an old lane with very high verges at 30mph once, a baby rabbit couldn't get up the verges and I couldn't slow down in time.

It was just legging it from one side to the other as fast as it can. Luckily I'd seen Days of Thunder.

Three cheers for Tom Cruise :biggrin:

Maz

Guru
I guess it was that little bird's kismet not to become roadkill. Good on you, buggi.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I thought your avatar was a pic of a blue tit, Buggi:wacko:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Less bird watching more bike riding....... sorry.....

Your scent on it won't help the bugger....... hopefully it's at the 'out of the nest' stage.........

Saw a little rabbit run over the road today.... I missed it...but I wasn't going to stop and ensured it crossed the road safely.........been on the receiving end of cars far too often recently....ta......... I ain't wobbling about on cleats on a 60 mph windy country lane for anything........

bonj2

ttiwwt.gif

OP
OP
buggi

buggi

Bird Saviour
fossyant said:
Less bird watching more bike riding....... sorry.....

Your scent on it won't help the bugger....... hopefully it's at the 'out of the nest' stage.........

it had all its flight feathers and was capable of flying. it was just being an idiot sitting in the road. it flew from the branch i put him on, up higher to another branch in another tree. so it should be ok even if it had my scent on him.

bonj said:

LOL :biggrin:

longers

Legendary Member
Do fledglings get fed by the parents once they've left the nest or do they have to fend for themselves as soon as they've flown?

Top Bottom