Tour de France 2016 **SPOILERS**

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Voekler has done 'huge shifts at the front' over the years.

I thought they said

'Huge sh*ts'.

Except it is very difficult to reach a good place where you can see the course and a big screen and moving around the course is very difficult and spectator information is almost non-existant. Newer races like London-Surrey are much more welcoming even if they are harder to see at multiple points.
Never experienced any problems moving about and managed to get loads of good vantage points around the course. You don't need much "spectator information" to work out what is happening. And the big screens help, and does the rabbiting French bloke on the speakers - not a clue what he says but he's entertaining in his enthusiasm.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
And they were just saying that in the tunnel there is nothing but a group of fireman and their engine, which means they get a private view and the riders get to know the guys as they pass over the laps.

Nice.

bozmandb9

Insert witty title here
Anybody know if Sky, Rapha, or anybody are likely to send out a special 'celebration offer' in the immediate aftermath of the tour? I assume if they do, it'll be shared here. I know some retailers have got special tour offers all week.

Marcel Kittel is having a tantrum.

I reckon one of the backroom staff punctured his reverse bike wheel for a laugh! :smile:

Well, it made me chuckle.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
Anybody know if Sky, Rapha, or anybody are likely to send out a special 'celebration offer' in the immediate aftermath of the tour? I assume if they do, it'll be shared here. I know some retailers have got special tour offers all week.

With the Sky Rapha tie up ending I would expect there to be some serious discounting coming soon to clear the stock.

Top Bottom